Forum

Pension for carers.

Paul Lewis Money box radio four today 12.00 or 12.30 (not sure which) He will be discussing providing pensions for carers and who will responsible for paying.

Sorry I missed the details as I only caught the end of the article on BBC news this morning.

Jan x

Hmmmm?

pollx

I missed the programme so can’t give details, sorry.

Jan x

It’s here on BBC iPlayer…

The first topic, right at the beginning of the show.

Ben

I should have added…

A link beneath the programme opens a six page guide: Click on - ‘The Pensions Regulator: Auto enrolment for people who employ carers.’

Ben

Thanks Ben, I don’t employ anyone at the moment but you never know what the future brings.

Jan x

Thanks Poll. I did see it on Breakfast the other morning.

Must admit when it came on me and hubby (my full time carer, as he gave up work last year to care for me) just looked at each other and laughed. I won’t be contributing to a pension for my hubby and best friend, who would care for me for nothing, as it would leave us around £10 per month less off. If the lovely government want to pay the tenner then hey ho!!

I apologise if I did get the wrong end of the stick as we were so busy laughing I probably didn’t hear the latter end of the article.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Hope you are all having a lovely bank holiday.

Shazzie xxx

They seem to be unsure as to whether direct payments should be increased to allow for the pension contribution. It’s going to be a minefield

Jan x

1 Like

Another minefield…got enough of them already, eh?

Pollx

1 Like

You’re not wrong there Poll. Before long they’ll be saying if someone have the brainpower to claim ESA, PIP, Direct Payments etc etc they are capable of working

Jan x