Number of attacks

Between being dx’d with RRMS and SPMS how many attacks did you have – and over how long a period?

(have asked this earlier but got few replies!)

Hi,

the question you’re asking is impossible for any of us to answer, that’s probably why you didn’t get any. I was first dx with RRMS which after thirty odd years has now become SPMS. Absolutely everyone that has any type of MS has a different story to tell, none of us have all the same symptoms, it varies so much.

Your nurse or your neuro would be the best people to ask, although I still don’t think you’d get a conclusive answer.

Rosina x

1 Like

I went straight to a diagnosis of SPMS. I had only one identifiable relapse which was double vision about four years before my diagnosis.

As the previous reply said, no two of us are the same, there are huge variations, and it is unpredictable.

However I would say, try not to worry too much about what might happen because it might not.

3 that could be clearly identified. Since the last one 5 years ago have continued getting worse but no identifiable relapses. There was quite a bit of overlap as the pregressive stuff was happening a few years before my last relapse.

Thanks Rosina - totally agree - we all have different m.s. stories. Perhaps the medics shouldn’t be so hasty to pigeonhole us as having one distinct type of m.s.

As regards asking a neuro or nurse - about 10 years since I saw a neuro, never seen an m.s. nurse!

[/quote]

Thanks Rosina - totally agree - we all have different m.s. stories. Perhaps the medics shouldn’t be so hasty to pigeonhole us as having one distinct type of m.s.

As regards asking a neuro or nurse - about 10 years since I saw a neuro, never seen an m.s. nurse!

[/quote]

Maybe now would be a good time to see your GP, to get the ball rolling about seeng a neuro or MS nurse again?

Rosina

1 Like