Not coping

I am at a really low point tonight not helped by my symptoms. Not DX,d with MS but had MRI few weeks back an appointment in two weeks. My symptoms looking back started in 2007 with right sided weakness which as I had just had a brain heammorage they put down to that or a TIA, few repeated episodes with some speech issues for the next few years, last December another onset of weakness but this time with electrical pains, sharp stabbing pain, severe pins and needles, confusion, word finding issues, poor co-ordination, after couple of trips to hospital was sent back to neuro, MRI ordered and review soon. In the past six weeks my sypmtoms have returned all except the pins and needles. The last flare up in December lasted nearly 10 weeks, I was left with altered fingertip sensation after that attack.

tonight my right sided weakness is really getting me down even though I have experienced it for several years, my arm and leg does not feel part of me and I just want to punch a wall!!!

I think it’s because where as previously it was really intermittent, it now feels constant

coupled with this the fatigue, I am resting in bed for 14 hours every night and still need and extra coup,e of hours lunchtime!!!

i do not know if I have MS or not so will wait to see but these symptoms are driving me mad

rant over "

Oh sorry forgot double vision, first instance of such last week lasted two hours

Hello Tagga.

Despite what you think of yourself at the moment… you ARE coping! and very much so!

Reading your post, the list of challenges you have faced over time, sounds like a run down of a nightmare. This has truly been a test of character for you, which would have render many others, a jibbering wreck.

Take heart. It will get better. You have enjoyed improvements in the past and yes, you are in the midst of a period of ‘limbo’ but two weeks will pass quickly enough and you will have MRI results, a diagnosis (to whatever extent) and probably a path to a strategy of fighting back against this nonsensical set of circumstances.

keep on keeping on. and rant your bloody socks off in here if need be. it is one of the reasons we are here!

the very best in good luck!

1 Like

Thanks Paolo you message is comforting, it’s been a hell of a few months and not least as I have had a double maesectomy and reconstruction in the middle of it all, a brain haemmorage, I have ehlers danios syndrome too but have coped really well with all those lifelong issues and the one thing that is tipping me over the edge is this leg and arm weakness! Crazy I know when so much other stuff has gone on. I hope I soon get answers and treatment, folk on theses sites are life savers x

its the little things that come along and bite you on the bum, which sting the most init?

i have no doubt you know you have what it takes to overcome more or less any damned thing… but sadly such experience doesn’t allow you to escape the thoughts of ‘why me?’ from cropping up time to time.

you have had more than your ‘fair’ share. if anything, i should be taking comfort from knowing that despite it all, here you are spending your time typing out stuff to little ol’ me!

2 Likes

Dear little ol me,

when em your home alone, feeling low and need a friend then a quick response from a like minded sole is just what the doctor ordered so little ol you has done a good deed this evening, you have briefly turned my frown upside down.

I promise to report back after Neuro appointment

x

1 Like

Dear little ol me,

when em your home alone, feeling low and need a friend then a quick response from a like minded soul is just what the doctor ordered so little ol you has done a good deed this evening, you have briefly turned my frown upside down.

I promise to report back after Neuro appointment

x

1 Like

Hallo, you poor soul…had so much poor health to contend with… No wonder you struggle to cope sometimes.

It would help if you got a label to hang all these symptoms on.

I know how it feels, cos it took around 12 years to get my label.

PPMS was in and out of the equation for many years.

Now it is HSP…similar to PPMS. Horrible just the same…No cure…no treatment…paf!

Polly

ps hang on in there chuck!