Nightcap ‘good for older women’ Yeah!

Women who enjoy an alcoholic drink in the evening tend to be healthier as they move into old age, research shows. This nightcap could be a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a single measure of spirit, PLoS [Public Library of Science] Medicine journal reports. A study of 14,000 women concluded that those who drink in moderation were far more likely to reach 70 in good health than heavier drinkers or abstainers. Spreading consumption over the week is better than saving it for the weekend, the researchers say. I’m off to have a glass of wine :lol:

Think I’ll join you :slight_smile: Anne x

:lol: Had mine already, but mint have another one, just to make sure!!! :lol:

AnneT57 wrote:

Think I’ll join you :slight_smile: Anne x

What’s your poison :?: :wink: V

jobryz wrote:

:lol: Had mine already, but mint have another one, just to make sure!!! :lol:

Depends on the size of the glass, so you probably should have another in case the first glass was too small :wink: This is all for medicinal purposes only, you understand :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: V Now where did I put that wine?

Hi, A nice white wine not too dry, Soave is a bit of a favourite. Takes me back to my youth. :smiley: Anne x

AnneT57 wrote:

Hi, A nice white wine not too dry, Soave is a bit of a favourite. Takes me back to my youth. :smiley: Anne x

Excellent choice :!: Chilled :?: as Soave is a lower % alcoholthan some other wines, will I made that a large glass :?: :twisted:

Chilled yes, large glass…oh yes. :wink: Anne x

AnneT57 wrote:

On it’s (virtual) way :wink: Cheers :!:

Verona wrote:

AnneT57 wrote:

On it’s (virtual) way :wink: Cheers :!:

We’ll sleep well tonight. Cheers :lol: Anne x

2 glasses and I sleep well, :smiley: anymore and it’s bathroom breaks every couple of hours :frowning:

Does a whole bottle of wine count as a nightcap. If so I shall be immortal!

ail72 wrote:

Naughty, naughty… it’s a glass of wine No one said what size of glass, so if you have one of those large glasses that a bottle of wine fits into, then you shall be immortal :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers

Drink ALL the drinks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think @35 i still count as a younger woman but will follow the advice asap and lay down good foundations for my latter years Great excuse for a Morgans spice or two while watching X factor later :smiley: Roisin xo

Hic :lol:

Come to think of it I havent had a glass for ages, now where;s the Omeprazole :shock: bren xxx