New to forum and need some advice.

Hello everyone. What brings me here is it started will not being able to sleep after a emotional breakdown of the fear that the overwhelming things I have to do for my osteoporosis to prevent fractures. Like diet, exercise no stress etc. I have suffer with severe depression, diagnosed border line personality disorder. I didn’t sleep more than 1 to 2 hours for at least 3 or 4 weeks was given sleeping tablets but they wasn’t working great. I started losing balance slightly. About the 4th week I started getting numbness and pins and needles. And very odd sensations all over like in my arms and legs mainly. Burning sensations. Rashes. My body at times is very hot. Where partner noticed sleeping together at night my skin was burning so much he couldn’t lay too close to me because it was making him hot. Tingling and numbness will turn up in odd places. Weakness in legs and arms like clenching of the muscles. Random drilling like feeling. All this has raised my stress and anxiety and worry if it’s MS. I’ve had my first MRI of the head. It came back clear. I would like to know does anybody know if the scan of the head includes the brain stem. Also does it make a big difference with dye or without because I didn’t have any dye. I’m attending two more MRIs for the spine next week.

Don’t worry that they’ve not done it with dye. Lesions can still be seen, if they are present. Dye just makes more obvious very recent lesions from older ones.

The brainstem will have been done with the brain MRI, but as you are having further MRIs, the whole lot will be covered.

Hope you are getting a bit more sleep, now that tests are being carried out, and hopefully you will get some answers soon.

Thank you. I’m really struggling with these symptoms. My appointment with the neurologist is in November. I don’t know if I can handle this without treatment to at least ease the symptoms. Please can you advise is there anything I can take while waiting to be seen. I’ve been taking ibuprofen and gabapentin but it’s not helping.

Dumb question (from a non-Doctor): have UTI’s been ruled out?

All my blood tests were clear including urine test initially. I do have a slight odd feeling below but maybe it’s due to the medications I’ve been taking. I might do another test to be sure.

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Sleep deprivation no matter the reason is exhausting and can exacerbate a whole range of symptoms, no matter the cause.

November does seem a long way off, but as you are starting out on an ms journey, in the bigger scheme of things is not too long to wait.

In the meantime go for the tests and make a note of your symptoms.

Not a great answer I know but from what I have read you need to focus on bringing your stress levels down, as this will exacerbate your symptoms.

Keep posting and we will where we can keep offering assurance that we understand and that you are not alone.

1 Like