Thank you for asking!
She finally called at 4 p.m - and, you guessed it - I was asleep.
So not very rational or coherent, and didn’t really remember everything I was supposed to say.
Interim solution: raise the diazepam (not the baclofen). I’m cool about this, as it’s a drug I know, and tolerate well. I was originally prescribed it for anxiety, but it can be prescribed for spasticity in its own right, so now got the official green light to do that, as I’ve already found it works. There are the usual “addiction” worries, blah, blah, but I’ve been an intermittent diazepam user for years, and never developed any serious habit, so she was prepared to take each case on its merits, and make the judgment that I’m NOT a patient at serious risk from addiction.
Longer term, though, looks like back to the hospital for me, as she wasn’t prepared to try out something else without consulting them. She’s going to find out if I’m supposed to have an MS nurse. Reflecting on it afterwards, not 100% happy about that, as getting to the hospital is harder than getting to the doctor’s. I think, if everything has to be managed from the hospital, it makes me less likely to seek help for day-to-day issues, because I don’t drive, and since losing my job, don’t have money for taxis everywhere. I can’t keep “popping up” to the hospital, every time anything needs tweaking.
I really think I’m going to end up on Gabapentin or Pregabalin anyway (the ones I’ve so far been resisting), but I’m hoping that if the hospital give the initial go-ahead, it can go back to being managed by the local surgery, as before. So watch this space!
Doctor reckoned she will call me back next week about what’s supposed to happen. But then it’s Easter, and if I need a hospital appointment, I’m guessing it’ll be the standard 12-week wait. So I suppose I might be on some new drugs in Summer some time?
Just had to order a whole new load of Baclofen, which is wasteful, if I might be quitting them, but as there’s no date on the horizon, I had to err on the side of caution, and re-order anyway. Even though they’re no longer very effective, I know you can’t quit cold turkey, so I can’t risk being left without any, but still no alternative in place.