Need to share alternative prognosis...

Crikey Deb, what a difficult thing to absorb! I really hope it isn’t, but that if it is, they can treat it quickly enough that there is little permanent damage.

(((((hugs)))))

Karen x

Crikey indeed!! I’m swinging from being really convinced this might actually be true to thinking it’s too bizarre to even contemplate and brushing it off. At the moment I’m planning my first lessons for new term and feel really sick with nerves.

Reasons it could be true are that I have all along ‘felt unwell’ and have even asked on here if people with MS feel unwell within themselves or mainly just have the neurological symptoms (which obviously don’t make you feel great but I think not the systemic unwell feeling I’m asking about). Also, my neurological symptoms don’t fit any obvious neuro box - my sensory symptoms are diverse and bilateral, consistent, peripheral as well as central and the ends of each limb are the worse (forgotten what you call that! ?); I have oedema in my feet, ankles and fingers; I’ve retained strength; my reflexes are ok but I am never ever well - I have improved symptoms with regard tiredness and weakness but I still feel systemically ill and am having the myoclonic jerks, buzzing and weird skin. The thing I read (I know I know) said you can have an initial attack then ease off. Sickeningly this might be the box I fit.

Strangely, I used to try explaining how weird and waxy my skin feels by saying it’s how I imagine someone with cancer might feel. Would be horribly ironic if that’s actually true!

On the good front, no one has phoned in a panic with my bloodtest results so they must be ok I guess. On another good front the girlies I teach mostly got good GCSE results and I had the highest ‘value added’ results of the school.

Happily I still need to buy more things in John Lewis for my new house so that’s where I’m headed today for some retail therapy

Dxx

Well done you with the exam results,and for still sounding sane despite your waiting for results.

Hope you can remain distracted in John Lewis.

Fingers crossed

Pip

Hi Deb

Its strange how when we look back and think ahhh yes I can see there were signs there but I wasn’t being believed or I didn’t think anything of them. We’re all hoping you’re proved wrong and its not that.

Its lovely to hear you’re still trying to get on and taking enjoyment out of other things.

Enjoy your retail therapy and keep us updated on how you get on.

Reemz

X

Got on very well with the retail therapy lol - I think it’s a gift I have : )

Had a little blubb in the car enroute because I’m getting so fed up at feeling shizer the whole time and not getting better. Also my legs are covered in little bruises I can’t remember doing. But as it’s all guesswork at the moment I can quickly move on to other things but, in amongst the house move stuff, my health does rather overrule our conversation and our minds at the moment!

The support on here is terrific xxx

Mornin Deb, night owl or early bird ? Im a bit of both . I get like that carrying things like boxes. Glad your feeling better ! Frank.

Im glad you enjoyed your retail therapy. Thats the one thing im good at as well lol

Sam xx

Oh Debs, hope everything turns out OK.

Bob

Glad you enjoyed the retail therapy. It’s not suprising your health is high on the agenda for topics to discuss. Its a huge issue having to go through what you are. A blub is good - its horrible makes your eyes puffy and nose stuffy but you do feel that little bit relieved and ready to carry on with it all after. I know I’ve been doing a lot of it lately.

Glad we can be here to support you.

Reemz

X

Hi Deb,

Wishing you well…take care,

Wendyx