My MP is a miracle worker ! A DWP apology !

Thought I would share some good news with you all.

A year ago I was moved from the ESA support group to the WRAG for two years despite detailing how I have worsened since my last assesment. I appealed straight away and as the months went on I had still heard nothing despite being told it takes 3-4 months then 5-6 then 8 months and then finally over a year for appeals to be considered !!

Not impressed that the DWP were quick enough to send me letters telling me that my money would be stopped in a months time then a weeks time but cant sort out my appeal in under a year I wrote to my MP telling him my problems and two days later I had phone call from his office just to ask a few more details and yes they will try and help me.

I heard nothing else for a month then on the day my money was due to stop a letter came to say my appeal had been looked at and that I had been moved back into the support group ! Result

This is where it gets even better. A week later I get a phone call from a nice lady at the job centre apologising profusely for the delay with my appeal and would like make a token payment of £50 for all of the trouble I had been through !!

Im not sure what my MP said or did but fair do’s to him it worked and its things like this that put a little faith back into MPs for me and perhaps others might get some joy if they involved their MP more directly with the nonsense we have to put up with,worth a try surely ? there is nothing to lose.

Ricky

Great news Ricky - glad to hear that MPs can be of some use, sometimes! Teresa xx

I think anyone who is a similar situation to you should do exactly that. I imagine MP’s can shout a little louder than us.

Welldone is good to hear someone beating the dwp for a change.

Darren

Well done. MPs have staff that do all the work on their behalf with places like the DWP.

MPs get the credit but their admin staff do most of the work.

All the best

Neil

It’s quite amazing how many doors suddenly find themselves open when an MP takes an interest. Amazing and also rather disgusting - we should all get the right level of service from day 1, not day 730 when an MP’s office has banged some heads together :frowning:

Nice to hear you got the right result at last though :slight_smile:

Karen x

Wow, this is wonderful and quite amazing!

Its great that you have finally got the decision.and as for compensation...............chuffin `eck! That was a surprise.

The result is fab, but must`ve put you through so much unecessary anxiety.

luv Pollx

Wow you must have a great Mp, i,ve never heard of dwp giving any one any compencation.

Well done to you and a big pat on the back for your mp, hope he keeps up the good work.

Barbara.xx

Hi Poll

Yeah the extra money was a shocker,never expected that in a million years but certainly not going to say no,will help payoff some of the phonebill I racked up listening to Vivaldi on loop for what seems likes hours waiting for someone to pick up at DWP !

Ricky x

All I can say is ‘fantastic’ to you & your MP, you have one that works for his corn…

I can only imagine what the response from my MP would be.

Still it is fantastic that you have had a good result, but a real disgrace that you have had to go through all this.

Well done and best wishes

i know my MP has a good team behind him hopefully they will be available in 2015 when i get reassessed, because things have changed since ‘indefinatly’ was diagnosed not

I involved my MP fourteen years ago when my ex refused to co-operate with the CSA. They had made an order for Child Support payments but he still hadn’t paid a penny for a year and they still hadn’t done anything about it while he and his new partner bought a new car, took a foreign holiday etc.

In frustration, I wrote to my MP, explained all of the above and pointed out that I and my son were surviving on part-time earnings, Tax Credits and rent allowance etc. Within a month I had a letter from the Chief Executive of the CSA and they had made an order to deduct the Child Support at source from my ex’s salary! My ex then paid a whole year’s arrears in one lump sum which really made my day.

Sometimes it is definitely worth contacting your MP. They need to earn their large salaries once in a while and they sure know how to kick @rse!

Tracey x

[quote=“elmo”]

I involved my MP fourteen years ago when my ex refused to co-operate with the CSA. They had made an order for Child Support payments but he still hadn’t paid a penny for a year and they still hadn’t done anything about it while he and his new partner bought a new car, took a foreign holiday etc.

In frustration, I wrote to my MP, explained all of the above and pointed out that I and my son were surviving on part-time earnings, Tax Credits and rent allowance etc. Within a month I had a letter from the Chief Executive of the CSA and they had made an order to deduct the Child Support at source from my ex’s salary! My ex then paid a whole year’s arrears in one lump sum which really made my day.

Sometimes it is definitely worth contacting your MP. They need to earn their large salaries once in a while and they sure know how to kick @rse!

Tracey x

[/quote] Wow ! What a great result for you. That certainly is kicking @rse