Forum

MS - my story

Hi everyone! Ive been to the hospital today to see a neurologist to discuss my MRI and lumbar puncture results. There are some marks on top of my brain, but its NOTHING like typical MS marks just some minor marks. Spinal fluid showed that there is a muscle inflation. Some evidence suggest that I have MS however, when I asked a doctor he said that the chances are that I have MS is 60% meaning there can be something else that causes me these symptoms.

Ive been suffering from this diseases for few years now. It started very mild, I was just too anxious all the time and I thought that anxiety is the cause. With interval roughly 4-5 month it kept progressing and I kept feeling worse and worse

My current symptoms are

• Leg weakness - I cant walk more than 10 minutes without feeling dizzy and really tired, feels like i ran a marathon. On couple of occasions on a night out my friends had to carry me because my legs totally failed. I cant run or jog at all
  • Numbness - My feet are quite numb, when putting slippers i need to use my hand because I don’t feel where its going. Gets much worse after walking, up to the point where i cant feel my legs, in fact it feels like i don’t have them.
  • Dizziness - Usually occurs when moving but also when eating hot food, drinking tea, after shower
  • Loss of Balance - It sometimes feel like Ive drunk a lot of spirits, I just wobble from side to side when walking.

Thats my main symptoms. I used to be very active since a was six - football, basketball, athletics you name it, also used to be quite sociable, like going out and meet people make new friends, now its all gone. I cant do sports, i dont go out, I just became a freak who enjoy time alone.

Anyone in the same situation where the diagnosis is not 100%?

I am originally from Eastern Europe so will be seeking a second opinion back home

Hi kelics, lots of us on this slow road to possible diagnosis. Similar to u been told I have 70% of having ms or on the plus side 30% chance of not having ms. Have to wait for another relapse or mri scan showing additional lesions for neuro to be able to give diagnosis. Every case id different and can see ur having a hard time but wiuld be good if you can keep in touch with some people and not hide from everyone. Hoping tveres a close friend or family member u can share with as it really will help to talk. Everyone on this forum appeeciates what ur going thru whatever the diagnosis. Good luck. Froo.

Hi kelics, lots of us on this slow road to possible diagnosis. Similar to u been told I have 70% of having ms or on the plus side 30% chance of not having ms. Have to wait for another relapse or mri scan showing additional lesions for neuro to be able to give diagnosis. Every case id different and can see ur having a hard time but wiuld be good if you can keep in touch with some people and not hide from everyone. Hoping tveres a close friend or family member u can share with as it really will help to talk. Everyone on this forum appeeciates what ur going thru whatever the diagnosis. Good luck. Froo.

1 Like

Hi Kelics,

Wow, your story mimics mine with the symptoms (that does not mean you have MS), there are many other disorders that MS symptoms mirror, hence why you must wait for the neurologist to complete tests and confirm a dx. At least you will have test results and a history for your second opinion.

I was diagnosed with MS four months ago, after 3 years of investigation and waiting, that was following symptoms similar to yours along with a positive lumbar puncture and two MRI scans that revealed multiple lesions on my spinal cord.

After two years of investigations I was told I probably had MS but the neuro would not confirm it until he had evidence to show that the condition had progressed and the MRI showed nerve damage in more than one location.

Anyway, limbo is a crappy place to be. So best of luck with your health and keep sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like