MS Diet

Does anybody here follow a diet that helps diminish MS symptoms?

I’ve recently bought The MS Recovery Diet by Ann D Sawyer and Judith E Bachrach.

Both of the authors, Ann Sawyer and Judi Bachrach, have experienced incredible recovery on the diet. Within the first three months on this program, Ann was able to stop the disease progression and begin walking short distances with an even gait. Judi, whose health had decined in her thirty-nine year struggle with MS, regained feeling in her toes in one week, and after one year on the diet went off all medication.

It would be great to hear how you get on. I have been reading about the 5:2 fast diet and how it helps your body get into healing mode. Is this similar? Something that’s realistic and easy to keep to would be lovely! I am planning to try the 5:2 but keep procrastinating! Ann

Hi

In the same way that each of us is affected slightly different by MS, you’ll find people affected in different ways by diets. I know some on here swear by them, while others didn’t notice any change. Personally I don’t follow any particular diet, though I have noticed that white bread leaves me knackered, and too much fatty red meat like lamb or pork can leave me feeling weak.

Presumably it’s an exclusion diet? So cutting out things like gluten or dairy or meat? I guess the only way for you to know is to try it & see.

Dan

Have also read for the full benefit of any such diet really will only show lack of relapses after 5 years. For me that is going to be a long time without chocolate/crisps/cakes! A downer if I do have a major relapse, on all the missed Mars Bars!

After seeing the 5.2 fasting diet on Horizon [tv] - and then reading the posts on here about it - l did get the book from amazon- it was only about £3.50. lts the ‘official’ book by Dr Michael Mosley & Mimi Spencer. lts very easy to read and understand - nothing to scientific. And the 500 menu plans make it a doddle to follow. No need to keep account of calories as it is all there in print for you.

The diet is not just for losing weight - but for promoting good health/heart and most importantly to prevent you from getting diabetes/heart disease/cancer. And the good news is that the two days of only 500calories a day do not have to be consecutive days.

l am giving it a go anyway.

F.