MS Benefit at the London Palladium!

John Shuttleworth (AKA comedian Graeme Fellows ) has organised a fantastic charity night at the London Palladium on June 28th.

From his website The John Shuttleworth Appreciation Society

“John Shuttleworth and Friends in aid of MS charities with Chas and Dave, Toyah, Martyn Ware of Heaven 17, John Otway, Leee John (Imagination), Gordon Giltrap, Jon McClure (Reverend and the Makers) oh, and… Sooty and Sweep! BOOK NOW!!! (Incidentally, that’s not a joke - Sooty and Sweep really will be there!!!)”

Apparently, "Badly Drawn Boy will also be performing as well (according to the Palladium website.

Graeme’s sister has been diagnosed with MS (apparently after some time in limbo-land) and the night is in aid of various MS charities including the appeal to open a MS centre in his home town of Sheffield.

If you are not aware of the legendary Mr Shuttleworth from BBC Radio4 and the telly box you have been missing a rare treat. (And if you are old enough to recall Graeme’s previous incarnation as Jilted John with his hit single of “Gordon is a Moron” from back in the heyday of Punk well … happy days )

1 Like

Oh my gosh, Jilted John! xD

Of course these days a song title like “Gordon is a moron” would be labelled as ableist and have people jumping up on soapboxes all over the place!

That sounds like a fun evening, well, apart from Chas and Dave, some parts of the 80s are best left firmly there! At first I thought they were scraping the barrel a bit with all these old acts. But then I realised that they’re acts that your average MS sufferer grew up with, so it was a good tactic. :slight_smile: If the 80s performers have all still got it, should be some good entertainment.