M.R.I. scan

I would like to thank the person who posted this tip to help with fear of mri scan by wearing an eye mask. I had my 2nd scan last week and used the eye mask and what a difference as I could not see the tunnel, so I felt calm, thankyou for posting, I am so glad I read it, I have no fear now

Its amazing what helps you over come your fears when you don’t have much of a choice but to face them,Well done…I had to cheat and take meds from the GP, but still it got it done. I also knew from the first one I had done to keep my arms well tucked up on top of me so as not to touch the sides of the scanner, this happened the first time and it did freak me out a bit… I know it is irrational but life is like that a bit sometimes isnt it. Anyway, good luck with the results xx Maria.

evelynb wrote:

I would like to thank the person who posted this tip to help with fear of mri scan by wearing an eye mask. I had my 2nd scan last week and used the eye mask and what a difference as I could not see the tunnel, so I felt calm, thankyou for posting, I am so glad I read it, I have no fear now

What a great tip! Thanks to whoever first said it - and I hope you don’t mind if I nick it :slight_smile: Karen x

Fantastic idea!! I found it really difficult to keep my eyes shut but knew I would freak out if I opened them :slight_smile: Lynn x