Forum

Looking for advice and direction

Afternoon all.

I’m looking for advice/direction with issues I’ve been having over the past 4 years.

In September 2014 I had, what turned out to be, a panic attack on the way home from work. At the time I’d never exerienced them before and though I was having a heart attack. I was sent home without diagnosis but a few months later told by my GP it was panic attacks I was suffering from. At the time it was a shock and I couldn’t understand why it was happening. I was put on anti depressants and went to counselling to manage the panic attacks. The other thing that was getting on my nerves at the time was this feeling of being spaced out/drunk all the time.

Move forward 4 years to today. I’m down right miserable. I have a whole host of undiagnosed symptoms which in all honesty are ruining my life. List as follows:

• Dry mouth
  • Extreme Fatigue (never feel refreshed after sleep)
  • Spaced out/drunk feeling which gets better and worse but is always there.
  • When the spaced out feeling is at its worst my right eye seems like it isn’t functioning correctly.
  • Dull light annoys me and nothing seems real when looking at distance.
  • Sore Achilles tendons??
  • Extreme tingling confined to the right side of my body. (right cheek and around my right eye, back of right arm, right hip and thigh)
  • Neck pain which flairs up from time to time. Feels like it’s in the joints of my neck if that makes sense and give me a headache. No painkillers seem to ease it.
  • Right hand feels swollen some mornings.

In the 4 years that have passed I’ve had a couple of MRI scans of the head which came back fine. CT scan of the head. EEG of the head. Numerous blood tests. More recently seen a Neurologist who sent me for a sleep study! (I felt he didn’t really listen to what I was telling him). Now waiting on a referral to a Rheumatologist which could take weeks.

The most annoying part of this whole process has been the fact the GP’s have been trying to pin all this on Anxiety and throwing pills at me. I have to explain the reason I feel anxious is because of the way I feel physically and not the other way around.

I’m at the end of my tether with all of it now and to be quote honest it’s ruining my life. I have a wife and 2 children and they’re just not getting the best of me at all.

Any advice would be amazing

Thanks

Gareth

hi gareth

are you on any medication?

these can cause dry mouth.

it is so frustrating having to wait for appointments but that’s what you will have to do.

mindfulness helped me.

i did a course at the ms therapy centre and used it for pain relief.

i still do bits of the deep breathing now because it really does help.

breathe in for a count of 4, hold for count of 8, exhale for count of 10-12 (blow the breath out).

it’s very calming.

give your family lots of hugs, it’s good therapy.

carole x

Hi Carole. Thanks for the reply.

I’ve been doing lots of mindfulness. It helps a lot. Especially getting to sleep at night.

This forum is a great place to see how other people are getting on. Talking helps a lot too!

Gareth