Forum

Liz The Mod

Now, she might want to disappear without any annoucenemt, but I can’t let the day go by without telling you …

Liz is retiring from moderating the MSS boards as of today. She has been doing it for ten years and it’s time to put her feet up and read about something else.

She has seen many web managers come and go, and countless board users, and has dealt with them all with the same empathy, knowledge, discretion, wisdom and care and I shall miss her terribly.

Happy retirement Liz and I shall raise a very large G &T to you later.

xx

7 Likes

Hope you enjoy your retirement Liz, you will be missed by all on these forums, but thank you for all you have done for us.

Pam x

1 Like

Here Here Val!

Happy Retirement Liz!

Thank you for your often overlooked help and guidance in the past!
(such is the lot of a mod unfortunately).

Hope you will still drop in (out of curio maybe) in your hopefully less busy future!

Take Care!

Steve.

1 Like

Happy retirement liz ! feet up… relax… and breathe !! Sparkly x

1 Like

Good luck Liz I’m sure you’ll be missed by many xx

1 Like

Enjoy your retirement, Liz, and thank you.

Alison

1 Like

I’ve only recently joined this forum, but I want to wish Liz a very happy retirement, it sounds as if you really deserve it!

Rosina x

1 Like

Happy Retirement Liz

All the very best to you.

Noreen xx

1 Like

Happy Retirement Liz.

Thank you for all you’ve done to keep these boards open and a safe place to be.

You will be missed.

1 Like

My lights will go out for an extra ten minutes tonight, as a mark of respect. Thanks for your sound judgement over the years and hope to see you on this side of the fence before too long.

1 Like

Liz

all the very best for a well earned retirement.

you started ‘modin’ just after I joined and have always been fair & decent to me.

best wishes

neil

1 Like

Dear Liz

Just arrived home from a weekend away celebrating life, not only with MS but a life which this year threw us into turmoil with another label, beginning with that horrid word Cancer - not mine but Huw’s, not that its prevented him for doing his own role within MS Society Cymru.

As always we deal with the hand we’re given and move on in our lives , yet utmost in my mind are those lyrics from John Wright ‘Sand and Water’ which you introduced me to some years ago and which still ring true in my mind.

I wish you all the very best for life away from the forums here - you were always an inspiration to many myself included

With love

DWT xx

1 Like

[quote=eiona_cymru]

Dear Liz

Just arrived home from a weekend away celebrating life, not only with MS but a life which this year threw us into turmoil with another label, beginning with that horrid word Cancer - not mine but Huw’s, not that its prevented him for doing his own role within MS Society Cymru.

As always we deal with the hand we’re given and move on in our lives , yet utmost in my mind are those lyrics from John Wright ‘Sand and Water’ which you introduced me to some years ago and which still ring true in my mind.

I wish you all the very best for life away from the forums here - you were always an inspiration to many myself included

With love

DWT xx

All good wishes to Huw, Eiona.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know Val.

Happy retirement Liz and thank you so much for all your help and kind words since I started using this site 10 years ago.

Shazzie xx

1 Like

Thank you Eiona. I sincerely hope that things go well for Huw. Keep us informed.

Liz

1 Like

So much for slipping off quietly!

I didn’t want to get into the whole emotional bit about missing things and people because so much has happened over ten years…so I won’t.

Val I already miss our interractions about the forums but we still have email, Scrabble and another visit to plan.

Cheers. I’ll join you in the g & t. Worry not everyone. I now have more time to lurk and report all your iffy posts…

Liz [Moderator rtd.]

6 Likes

aww Liz, just seen this, so I guess you’ll be ‘gone’ now (or lurking as you say). Hope you have a well-earned rest and thanks for everything you’ve done over the last 10 years.

Best wishes to you and I know the forums will still be in safe hands with Val still here.

Dawn x

1 Like

happy retirement Liz!

thanks for all your hard work.

now i’ll have to join you in a G & T - it would be rude not to!!

carole x

1 Like