Life after diagnosis

1 Like

Bizarrely i have written a blog about grief and acceptance and it wasn’t really accepted very well. I am kind of glad I am not the only other person out there who deals with their diagnosis the same, going through the 5 stages of grief.

I too actually miss SHOES. Yes i struggle with any form of shoes now non are actually comfortable and I end up with wearing men slip on canvas. I can look quite smart from the feet upwards but downwards is another matter.

This something that has been troubling me, as last while, even though I am a good few years down the MS road - grief and acceptance of the loss of independence and freedom that i once had plus now in my 50’s - the good things in life are past - I know its not the case but its hard to get round it and the feeling that the best is past - great blog

Hi Nick

I’ve long thought the grieving process is something that affects many, if not all of us. Some people can be against the idea, but I think a lot of that is what people think acceptance means. Often people think it means being happy about it, and not having a problem with it.

But that’s not the case at all. I’ve accepted I have MS, Does that mean I never get frustrated by it, or that I don’t mind I’ve got it? Not at all. I’d love to not have MS, But I know that I do, and therefore I have to change my lifestyle and expectations etc, And with my expectations re-set, I can begin to rebuild my life.

Dan

1 Like