Forum

LDN and pregabalin

Hi,

Does anyone out there take both LDN and pregabalin? Am thinking about trying LDN.

Thank you

Oonagh

Xxx

How are you with the pregabalin? I am about to start on it, but am a bit wary as have heard it can cause nasty side effects.

i`m not on LDN.

pollx

You can’t take ldn and opiates together, but pretty much everything else is ok.

Thanks Whammel, will steer clear of opiates .

Poll,

I’ve been on pregabalin for quite a few months now. The only side effects I had was an itchy scalp for about 2 months and tiredness in the middle of the day. I’m fine now, tiredness gone and flake free .

Hope you get on ok with it Poll.

Oonagh

Xxx

Hi again,

I been trying to find out how I can get a prescription for LDN. GP won’t prescribe it at the mo but has said if I do try it and find some benefits he will. Can someone please advise me?

Thank you

Oonagh

Xxx

hiya oonagh

search e-med (thats where i get my script)

someone might be more specific but hope that helps meantime

ellie

Thank you Ellie, just had a look. Just need to ring GP now to get them to send confimation letter. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it helps in some way…also off to get some DL-Phenylalanine tomorrow.

Thanks again Ellie

Oonagh

Xxx

You probably know this already, but it’s a good idea to start on liquid ldn and slowly build up the dose, as you tolerate the stuff.

Lots of decent information on this site. http://www.dicksonchemist.co.uk/LowDoseNaltrexone/Default.aspx

Hoping to start LDN. Read and heard lots of positive information. GP won’t prescribe as ‘red flag’ means it has to be my consultant if I want an NHS prescription. Will see how open minded he is… If not, there are other ways. Above link very useful too - thanks.

There’s a pack you can print on the trusts website to discuss with your GP :slight_smile:

My GP seemed torn between a yes and no, so I agreed to go private - I told my MS physio about it and given the good effects she recommended I get my gastrenterologist to prescribe it! So I’m going to write to him, i that’s no go then I’ll write to neuro :slight_smile:

My GP didn’t say a flat no, so I will go back to him if I need to but not breaking the bank either! Thought I’d stick wth the private for now as it kind of gives walking advert for it… I was seriously underweight with tummy troubles giving me hell before I started it. Considering a couple of months ago I was dx with likely PPMS, I’m looking pretty well :slight_smile: One way or the other I’m sure I’ll get a prescription on that basis

Sonia x