Forum

Just diagnosed nearly

I got diagnosed last week after my wife had been telling me for about 3 years I had MS. I finally went to the doctor about it when my balance became noticeably poor at times. I have 8 MS symptoms and have had for a few years. MRI scan indicated MS. I’m waiting on a lumber puncture before they will start treatment. I’m 50 years old had symptoms since mid 40’s. the symptoms i have have never remitted but apart from balance and swallowing have not got noticeably worse. I haven’t been given a final diagnosis but does this sound like progressive MS

Hi
Welcome to the forum, which nobody would have chosen to join, but we are here and try to help and support each, offering advice when we can.

I have progressive and can only tell you my experience but my symptoms remained and varying degrees each day, but you need to wait for the Neuro appointment for verification.

Wishing you all the best.

Pam x

Thanks for responding Pam. I will let you know how I get on

Neurologist gave MS diagnosis at then defined which for me - I had problems with my vision and that was it initially and he said it was ‘benign MS’. The vision got better over about 6 months. A few years on my legs were becoming heavy and spasticity started to affect my driving - MRI and LP confirmed it had moved to RRMS and, again Neurologist had to have the result before it was confirmed.

Hi,
Sorry you’ve had to join us but good info on here.
Look u lumber puncture as it will give advice.
Lie flat for as long as possible and drink full sugar coke. Hopefully this will stop the awful lumber puncture killer headache.
Let us know how you get on.
Jen

Thanks for replying I will let you know how I get on with LP and final diagnosis