just checking

Plenty of room on my spaceship !! Bring your own marshmallows, I’ve got the mint toffees!!! - Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.

I wonder if the survey will want opinions about jokes on the forum? It appears that some users went elsewhere since humour,frivolity and morale boosting was banned.Would a change in policy due to the survey attract the absentees?

Wb

2 Likes

The survey gives you the chance of saying what you would like to see on the forums.

Jan x

Thanks to everyone who’s completed the survey so far (and those who’ve yet to, but are up for it). You time & efforts are much appreciated.

Hope you had a nice weekend & you’re all gonna have a healthy, peaceful and jolly week.

Stewart (admin)

Sorry mods but I have to agree with Wb’s comments above. I really miss his and Blossom’s lightheartedness on the forum. I am able to converse with both through other means to get my fix of lighter but sad that others who enjoyed their banter are missing out. Sorry to those who didn’t approve of their intentions to lift us.

Shazzie x

Hi Shazzie,

It was never about not approving of anybody’s intention to lift spirits. That is a very hurtful and misleading version of events which is very, very unfair on Val.

It was about the potential damage to the reputation of the MS Society, potential damage to fundraising & the ability to manage this forum which was at very serious risk of being closed.

It appears you missed this post which explained the situation. As someone who uses this forum regularly and we assume would like the forum to continue (and the MS Society)- it would be helpful to read:

Best wishes

Stewart (admin)

Dear Admin / Mods / Those behind the curtains / nefarious overlords…

With regard to the telling of jokes; whether copy and pasted or from the machinations of would-be Tommy Coopers… i agree with you! Jokes offer limited appeal whilst threatening to undermine the broader scope and intent behind these forums and thus the web-site as a whole.

However, irrespective of the site’s design and aspirations, the forum is a place in which a community of like minded souls can assemble and share their (online) personalities.

Whether part of the initial site design or not, a significant (or perhaps just loudly opinionated) section of your web-site’s community has expressed the desire for jokes and have been repelled by the notion that such are forbidden.

This is a shame. This site is a valuable resource for those with MS. This resource is filled and thus blessed by those who contribute, who also endure MS. If part of that human fabric involves the desire to tell jokes, i would hope it might be accommodated.

How about a sticky for ‘jokes or similar’? The folder at the front end could have the caveat that the contents ‘are for 5hits and giggles only and are NOT representative of MSSUK or the site as a whole’.

I would not intend on contributing to this ‘jokes’ folder, but there is one fact i hold very dear… I have MS and i am based in Canada, but gawd bless 'em, these north american types don’t do humour like us Brits do. that is why despite the miles that divide us, MSSUK is the only forum i visit.

Stiff upper lips, bulldog spirits, never letting the bastard grind you down, and the telling of crap jokes. Its a birth right we cannot escape. and nor should we try to.

2 Likes

Thank you Val. Yes I did see your reply.

My comment was not targeted at Val. Far from it. I have had many a jovial banter with Val over the years.

And yes Stewart, I saw your original post some months ago before it was moved from being a “sticky”. I have seen everything to do with this subject in fact.

I am not one to air my dirty washing in public so please feel free to PM me if you need to.

Shazzie

Thank you, Val and Stewart, I really appreciate you clarifying things. As someone who hadn’t joined the forum at the time, getting to read those linked posts was really informative for me. :slight_smile:

Jackie

2 Likes