Is my memory deceiving me?

My boiler conked on Saturday and they couldn’t get the part until today. Consequently I have been all weekend without central heating or hot water brrrr.

The house I grew up in didn’t have central heating or double glazing and I can remember waking up to frost on the inside of the windows and yet I have no memories of being cold. Just the opposite in fact – I think of cozy coal fires and hot water bottles. Did I wear warmer clothes? Was I made of sterner stuff or is my memory just playing tricks on me because I’ve been blooming frozen all weekend.

The boiler is mended now thank goodness.

Jane

Hi Jane

It must have been dreadful for you without any heating over the weekend, glad its fixed now.

I do remember frost on the inside of the windows when I was a child, but I cant remember every feeling the cold like I do now. I think we must have been made of stronger stuff when we were little, or I have turned into a wuss! Mind you there is nothing like standing in front of an open fire warming yourself up, remember that feeling well.

Take care and keep warm.

Pam

Hi Jane.

Same here, when I was much younger, I could return home at night on my motorcycle, that cold, I could only just get my legs to work, but would get into a cold bed, no central heating, no hot water bottle, within a short time I would be snug as a bug in a rug.

Now, central heating on, plus electric blanket on approx three hours before going to bed, and can still feel cold.

I put it down to two things, the march of time, (old git syndrome), plus dam MS.

Take care, glad to see your boiler is now fixed.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.