Forum

Is 51 old?

Just had a phone call from the doctors surgery. I was told that they have been asked by my consultant to refer me for counselling and ‘is I that OK?’ Yes fine! On another subject. I am entitled to a free health check and do I want to book that too? Yes fine! But I asked why I was entitled to a free health check? The answer was not to my liking as the lady on the phone said, "I don’t mean to sound rude but it’s probably your age’. Aaaaagghhhh! Pat

A good friend of mine told me that on her 50th birthday she was devastated when the only thing the postman delivered was her invitation to her first breast screening appointment.

A good friend of mine told me that on her 50th birthday she was devastated when the only thing the postman delivered was her invitation to her first breast screening appointment.

Aha! Talking about age, I`ve just done the BUPA age calculator.

I was asked my gender, age, height, weight, exercise level, smoking habits and alcohol consumption.

I came out at 68.

I am 60.

Humph!

Back to the question of your post.

Is 51 old?

That depends on why someone is asking.

It``s too old for an 18-30 holiday

It`s old enough for an x rated movie.

It`s too young for a retirement flat.

Its immaterial, as youre only as old as the fella you`re feeling!

luv Pollx

Please forgive me if this has been posted multipke times - the forum hates me at the moment and keeps eating my posts!

after 50 they start checking for everything I am 53, i dont feel old

i got something through the post offering me a health check but i havent made an appointment yet.

the wii fit tells me all sorts of lies.

wii fit age 40 today, was 68 yesterday, i’m 54 really.

carole x

I always thought your real age should be a % of years lived to how against how long we will live to. Of course the latter is an unknown, but I have shared this theory with people who have said I am old!. I am 52 by by the way.I tried the BUPA calculator like Poll, by there was no place to put MS on it. My Mother had MS, and died at 58 and my brother is ill and has MS and is 60. I use to take comfort from this theory but now I am not so sure!.

Best to you all,

Peter

I had a free health check a couple of months ago… They ask you to fill in a questionnaire about smoking, drinking and exercise and a quick family medical history. You take a sample of your pee for a diabetes test which is sent off and they take blood pressure and a sample of blood to test cholesterol. Then they weigh and measure your height to do BMI or something.

A few weeks later I got a letter giving my results. green smiley face good, amber straight lipped face okish. Red sad face not good! Along with a little report on what they mean. and your % chance of having a heart attack!!

I got three amber faces (one for exercise which I can’t do because of MS) and one green for BMI (but the lack of exercise is piling on the pounds) Got told off by the nurse for drinking - I only have 7 units per week , any more than one a day and I’ll fall over.Overall 3% chance of heart disease. Gold Star for me then!

Think it was worth going to, if just for a trip out!! Jen x