Forum

info on fasting diet needs

hi everyone can anyone give me any info on the fasting diet.do you have to fast two days in a row and whats the best things to have on your days of fasting.thankyou xx

May I ask why you want to try this as opposed to a general, consistent healthy eating lifestyle?x

Hi, its a bit of a mis-nomer, as there isnt any actual fasting.

I believe you eat normally for 5 days and then consume 500 cals on each of the 2 days a week.

Thing with that is, if someone knows they have to drastically reduce their intake for 2 days, then might they overeat deliberately in compensation?

Having said that, there are lots of people who have had good results and enjoyed the diet.

If you are looking for a good way to reduce your weight, Slimming World`s plan is really easy and does work!

pollx

I tried the fasting diet but found I over ate the evenings before a fast. I do know someone it has worked really well for however. Hope it does the trick. xx

Worked well for me - apart from losing weight - it actually is a very healthy way of life. l bought the book that Dr Michael Mosely wrote from amazon - The Fast Diet. The two days that you do cut down on do not have to be consecutive. lts supposed to help prevent diabetes. There are meal plans - l never felt hungry.

lf you google the Fast diet or 5.2 diet l am sure you will get diet sheets.

Can highly recommend it.

F

[now 1st.2lbs lighter]

ive being on it for a good wile now. its working for me as when i was at the docs a few weeks back i had the usual check and was happily informed id lost 4 st. 6lb. was over the moon.

the two fast days i just stagger over the week. it took a couple of weeks to get in the swing of it but now its just secand nature to me. the book thats posted above is worth getting as it explains things very easily and some good sheets on what food to have.

good luck if you try it.

atb mtt

Hi Mistymoo…

I recently did the 5:2 diet for about 6 weeks and definitely worked for me. Thing is, I went on holiday (cruise), blew the diet & haven’t managed to get back into it again… Will definitely do so soon though!

My understanding is that you are not supposed to do the fasting 2 days in a row and I found monday & thursday were good, as not interfering with the weekend at all.I found 500 cals hard (especially lunchtime, when I would normally do sandwiches). I used to have a huge plate of leaves and one of those small WW tuna tins on top for taste at lunchtime (approx’ 100 cals) and then either fish or chicken with veg roast in spray oil, salad or mashed root veg (parsnips, carrots & swede) for dinner (approx’ 300 cals). This left me with 100 calories to play with for an evening snack. I also drank peppermint tea on fasting days, as a cuppa with milk works out at about 20 precious calories (not worth it me thinks).

Good luck!

Troski