In shock! x

Morning hun…

Ok…first things first…take a deep breath…:slight_smile:

Youve had a horrible week of it on all levels…compounded by the unexpected car crash…whiplash is not good and I have had three…so understand…the work stuff isnt helping and I think the recent gp you saw is wise to advise you dont go back to work yet…even though you want to…

the glucoma stuff…isnt the best news but at least they are clarifying the field vision test results are not due to the glucoma… the pressures in your eyes are not affected by stress as far as I understand it. it is related to the inner eye itself…am sorry to say that the tests are accurate on this regardless as to whether you are stresssed out at the time or not… the flashing in your vision could be the glaucoma…but you can get this I think with On…maybe best to clarify with optition as to chich is likey to be causing this?

Youre not going round the bend hun…and fully appreciate you just want to run away from all that is going on…being signed off work doesnt mean you cant leave the house…and I think it is a lovely gesture that your hubby has booked the night away.and perhaps you should still go…it would be a chance to chill and you may find that your mind will quieten down…let yourself be pampered…give yourslelf permission is what I am saying…I think all that is going on is engulfing you and that is completely normal…we can all cope with stuff to a point…but we all have our limits…Let the drs do what they need to do in order to give some answers…and in the meantime try and look at all of this objectively…am not surprised you are crying all the time …its best to let it all out hun…your gut feeling of knowing something is wrong is there for a reason…but yet not having any confirmation is not easy…

we are all here for you…we understand…

Em

Oh Em thank you - the voice of reason x

I know deep down you are right x I just feel like I’ve been running on fumes for so long and I’ve just taken the last puff!

I’m wallowing in it and can’t seem to snap myself out of it no matter how hard I try.

I don’t know who I am anymore - where has the upbeat, fun loving, strong Jenny gone? Who is this sat-at-home, sickly, weak person who can’t even think straight??

I’m crying because an awesome job opportunity has come up at work & today is the deadline for applications & I can’t write my statement x

I’m crying because a letter just came from the GP surgery saying that the laboratory was unable to process my blood sample so can I go in Monday morning to take another one x

I’m crying because a friend on facebooks cat has died x

I’m crying because you have just been nice to me xx

Small, simple, no problem - yet I’m howling like a baby!!!

Em I have a plan!!

I’m going to let myself cry for 30 more minutes!

Then I’m going to:

• put on some music
  • make a bacon & egg butty
  • dig out some gladrags for tonight
  • pack my holdall
  • wash my hair
  • put on my make up
  • hug my hubby

xxxx

What a time you’ve been having recently

I agree with the GP: now is not a good time to be going back to work. There’s just too much going on. And what’s going on is absolutely not made up in any way! It’s absolutely impossible to imagine ON or glaucoma into being. It’s also absolutely impossible to imagine abnormal reflexes into being. You are not malingering!

Take this time to rest, relax, spend quality time with your husband, friends, films, chocolate, books and anything else that you might enjoy! Get yourself some physio for your whiplash via your GP (it really helps). Let go of the worries about the rest of your health for now - the experts are on the case; they will find out what’s going on. Forget about work - they’ll cope!

It might get a bit crazy again in the short-term, but you will be OK.

You will be OK.

(((((hugs)))))

Karen x

Hey jenny…yes sounds like a good plan…wahey…and as karen has said…do things for you now…those that bring pleeasure…theres nothing to say that you cant enjoy things…and whe you are feeling unwell physically…evenmore reason to! Karens suggestion re physo re whiplash is a good one too…really does help allot…also perhaps a mctimoney chiropracter once your physio is finished…as this can help your neck/spine etc stay allined…bit like an mot for your neck and back…just a thought…lol

work can wait…tat job aplication can wait…

have a good eve too…:slight_smile: x

Hi All x

Yesterday the sun was shining!! I’ve been off work for 3 weeks now - sleeping most of the time!

I felt well so I decided to hit the garden! I started gently - raking the leaves using my arms not my back. Sat on the floor to scoop them up etc. It was so lovely to be out in the sunshine doing something!

Then the front of both of my thighs started to play up - the big muscles. I’ve had a problem with them on & off for a few months, mainly on the left leg that’s been playing up. It starts with an odd, strong burning/freezing feeling - like someone is spraying some kind of muscle freezer on me!!!

Yesterday it started and it was in both legs! - then they both went totally numb! I pinched & rubbed them but nothing relieved it - so back on my sofa I went!

Today I’m whackered and the fronts of my legs are still numb x my left eye is still twitching like mad and the flashing is still constant x

It seems like just when I feel stronger in myself - my body plays up & scares the hell out of me!! I just want reassurance I suppose! I feel like a big kid! xxx

Hi Kizzy,

It’s probably just a reaction to the “gardening”.

Unaccustomed effort can cause a temporary setback.

It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t return to activities - only that you need to take it very gently at first, and listen to what your body’s telling you.

Start unambitious, and work up. I know you probably think you didn’t try anything ambitious, but after three weeks’ inactivity, it’s probably a shock to the system that you suddenly did any physical labour at all.

I had a real scare after Christmas, when I couldn’t walk more than half a mile without difficulties (don’t think I’d had a relapse - just out of practice). With patience and perseverance, I’m now up to three miles, but it didn’t happen overnight!

The first couple of weeks, in particular, were very disheartening, and I thought I was never going to improve at all.

Hold on - it takes ages. :wink:

Tina

Hi Tina! Thanks for that x It’s just so frustrating isn’t it x x x I’ve been pottering around the house - even hoovering! I’ve noticed that if I do too much I’m on the sofa & in bed all the next day.

I’ve devised a routine/game - in the morning I start with 15 mins kitchen then 15 mins sofa - 15 mins bathroom then 15 mins sofa etc etc

By 12 - 1 in the afternoon I literally have to go to bed and I sleep for 4-6 hours. Then I get up & do some work e mails etc

Hubby comes home & we sit in the kitchen together or I go back on the sofa! Then we are snoring by 9pm! Both of us!

I’m sleeping for Wales at the moment - but I’m half waking throughout the night with wierd dreams, pains & cramps in my legs and back & teeth grinding and awful jaw spasms & eye twitching - my hubby says I’m regularly squealing!!

Eww! Bottle of Shiraz for me tonight methinks! 8) xxx

I can really relate to this. I got to the stage where I didn’t even tell the neurologist all my symptoms as I thought when they diagnose me with some crazy lady syndrome I am going to look like a right idiot whinging about my numb toes :wink:

I just want to give you a big hug xxx I got diagnosed in Dec and I swung between thinking I was nuts and then thinking there is something really wrong with me. I really hope you get some answers.

This forum is great. I find that people don’t know what to say to me when I tell them I have MS - and obviously I don’t like to broadcast it. So its nice to have an outlet on here. Good Luck my lovely x

Hi Kizzy, I’ve also been told I could have MS. I have got over the panicking and wanting to run away because at the end of the day if I do have MS it is a part of me that was always going to develop at some point. I am what I am! I have started yoga to keep me calm and it works wonderfully. I also drink camomile tea, and before bed I drink valerian tea to help me sleep. If I begin to panic I do some yoga breaths, and they work.

Like you I have been signed off sick by my GP. I have found as you have found with the gardening that if I overdo things, or worse still get stressed out, that my symptoms come back / get worse. That said I am lucky as I only have numbness and tingling to date, though I am beginning to question my eyes…

As somebody else suggested, I have “given myself permission” to relax and take it easy - not an easy thing for me to do as I usually dart around the place, full of adrenalin looking for my next mission :slight_smile: Those days are gone for now at least, and I refuse to feel guilty about it. I need to keep calm, eat well, exercise where I can and be positive. I’ve had a positive c-spine MRI (one lesion) and positive LP. Im awaiting the results of my VEP which was just weird to do! O.o

It sounds like you have a great husband too which always helps :slight_smile:

Good morning!

Thank you for your words of support & encouragement!

Yes all these weird symptoms sound totally nuts! But I’m looking back at things now and seeing them in a whole new light!

For example 11 months ago after 5 nights in constant pain I quarrelled with my GP because he described my symptoms as ‘bizarre’!! I really took offence!

At that time I genuinely believed that the tight, crushing pain around my middle and lower chest and the constant severe spasming in my actual stomach muscle were caused by a slipped thoracic disc. I was annoyed that he didn’t want to hear about the spinal injuries I received in a car accident 15 years ago - for which I was blaming my numb, cramping leg etc - in fact I was so damned annoyed with him that he made me go away and calm down and come back and see a different GP with him in the afternoon. I was so utterly convinced it was my spinal problems that I took him a printout of how referred pain from protruding discs can present in this way! Poor man!!

I saw him yesterday and he said that he had suspected back then that this could be the MS Hug because of all my other more chronic symptoms - but at the time I was so exhausted and too distressed with the pain to listen to him. It was then that he and the other doctor agreed that I should be referred forward in order to rule other things out.

Since then I’ve seen a haematologist, an orthopaedic spine consultant, an opthalmologist etc etc - all have led me here to the Neuro’s doorstep!

So here I am - on the one hand feeling that a light has been switched on - all the odd & weird things I have been experiencing now actually make sense! So many other people on here have also experienced them - every single weird one - so I don’t feel so alone or so nuts.

On the other hand I’m also still convincing myself it’s my spine problems combined with a very large nervous breakdown of some sort!!

Only time and tests will tell which one is right!

Alison - after all this if it is MS I’m going to broadcast it from the rooftops!! I’m going to be like that person who had “I told you I was ill” carved on their gravestone!! I might even have a T Shirt printed and a tattoo on my forehead!!

Just joking - more likely I’ll curl up in a ball for a while before just getting on with it xxxx Jenny xxx

Hi All!

Been for a blood test & just been told my brain MRI results are in!

I only had it last Friday so it’s taken a week - not 4/5 like they said!

That was quick!! Is it a record??

I’m to ring my GP on Monday morning at 10.30!!

How flippin frustrating!!

All weekend wondering & worrying now!

Sorry! Just wanted a moan! x

xxJennyxx

Ok - all positive thoughts have just flown out the window!

I’m thinking it’s not a good sign that they have come back so quick??

Then I’m thinking if it was bad they wouldn’t leave me over the weekend???

Then I’m thinking - my GP is away and isn’t in until Monday!

Eww! 8(

Hmmm. It’s quick, and they want you to phone the doc, so I reckon they’ve found something.

If it was just “Nothing to see here”, I reckon they’d have stuck it in the normal post.

Not that I’m wanting to worry you: some evidence would be GOOD, right? If they have seen something, you’ll be much closer to finding out what’s the matter with you.

Yeah, I know it still sucks being told there’s something in your brain - even if the biggest fear was to be told nothing’s wrong, and to go away and stop whining.

But hang on in there. You need to know either way, don’t you? Not much longer to wait.

Just as an aside, the doctor won’t be able to diagnose, by the way. So even if (s)he tells you it’s strongly suggestive of MS, last word still has to come from a neuro.

Try not to let it ruin your weekend!

Tina

x

Depends what you mean by “bad”. If you needed urgent brain surgery, I’m guessing they wouldn’t have left it over the weekend, no.

But MS, believe it or not, isn’t a medical emergency. If it WAS that, it’s likely been there for ages, and will be for ages yet, so you don’t (usually) need to be admitted or anything.

T.

x

Thanks Anitra x I know you are right!

It’s all quite mad isn’t it!

I’m feeling quite mad too!

At the moment I think I would perform if it took ages & now I’m performing because it was quick!!

I will have a good weekend! My best friend is travelling down for a few days and Wales are playing for the 6 Nations Rugby Grand Slam tomorrow! (hence the avatar!!)

xxx jenxxx

Ah, I’m glad you explained about the avatar - I’d been puzzling to work it out. It’s obvious, once you know. :wink:

Hope you have a lovely time, and don’t let it be too overshadowed by whatever’s happening Monday.

What will be will be.

T.

x

Ah! A Welsh dragon! Cool

I’m sure Tina is right - if your MRI showed up something serious/urgent, they wouldn’t leave it over the weekend.

A week is incredibly fast though. The actual images are available immediately, but it normally takes a while for them to be looked at by a radiologist and then to get the report typed up and sent to the neuro and sit in his/her in tray for ages and then a letter typed up and then through the central postal room and then the Royal Mail… (i.e. snail pace!).

I wonder if they sent a copy of the radiologist’s report straight to the GP because your GP has been so involved? That would make it much quicker.

Try not to worry - enjoy the rugby and your best friend’s visit!

Karen x

Hi hen…try not to worry…enjoy the weekend…wahey rugby!

Think you said your GP ordered the MRi? Perhaps thats why the results have come to them…but as others say they wont be able to diagnnose you…and its mad you will have to wait to see the neuro for this…but at least on monday your gp will be able to tell you whats not there and therefore ruled out… perhaps the dr who looks at the scans was being ultra efficient or there wasnt much of a back log…lol

Anyway try and make the most of the weekend…and take a deep breath when MOnday arrives…;-)…we are all here for you…

em x