Forum

I went on a trip or was it a slip?

I was going to tell you something but by the time I scrolled past all the options I have forgotten what it was, OHHHH I remember there I was in the shower all covered in soap suds I like to get well lathered and do an impersonation of a snow man melting as the water melts all the snow, Oh get on with it man I slid over and was rescued by Heather. Read about it here http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/don.html I also collapsed in the bathroom a few days later. My hot tip of the day is avoid bathrooms they cause falls.

Thats me done until the next time Don

2 Likes

Hope you are OK Don, these falls can sometimes really shake you up.

I would say “take care” but we all do that anyway…and still fall.

Pam x

2 Likes

Pam your right I creep across the bathroom as it is but two falls in two days

2 Likes

Hope you are ok now Don!

Nina x

1 Like

Nina I am always alright

Heather always looks after me and I am in marvelous hands

she is my hero

2 Likes

I think the bathroom is a really hostile environment! All hard shiny things, nothing soft to fall onto like a sofa.

you be careful, Don, and hooray for Heather!!

2 Likes

Like you I’m sure the bathroom is one of the most hostile environments I have to visit regularly. I’ve come a cropper a good few times while trying to maintain my personal hygiene. Considered visiting less often but I value the company of friends and family too much for that to become a reality. Must admit though that since I’ve been swimming every night I’ve found that showering at the pool afterwards is great as I no longer have to stand in the bath and with my daughter or friend helping me to dress afterwards I’m managing much better. I’m probably saving a fortune on gas with my daughter showering there too as being 16 she appears to need an hour at home to wash herself.

Pool membership might be a very good investment! And not only for the health benefits I first thought it’d be. Take care and I hope you’ve survived relatively bruise free.

Cath xx

1 Like

Oh yes, I love the edit button xx

1 Like