i need advice

Hi Everyone,

I’m now Paraplgic from the waste down. i Hope someone can give me advice on this. My sister has just pruchased a quickie Salsa power chair so that i can now finally now get out of my Bungalow where i live I have been Bungalow bound since 2010. The question i would like to ask is the following. When i need to go a number two when i go out, how do pull up my track Pants back up. I’m very sorry for going around the houses on this, but after eight years of not going out, i now have found the right chair that will get me out, because of the tight corners in the Bungalow where i live. I’m looking forward for a new lease of life, and getting out.

Sorry i forgot, to mention that i have PPMS. After 15 years, I’m still fighting on - I dont like being defeated - Kevin is still fighting this decease.

I feel ashamed that i have been non been on this web site for a long time. I know its not much excuse my life changed again from having severe spasticity on my lower limbs and now being paraplgic where i can not weighbear i have been trying for such a long time coming to terms with now becoming paraplegic and being locked in my Bungalow.

Never again will i put my faith in a system.

Take care everyone,

Kevin now 58 years of age.

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum, the club that no one would wish to join, but we are here and support one another and offer advice where we can.

Thinking about your worry needing the loo when you are out, I know some people use a type of irrigation system before going out, so that’s taken care of, if you see what I mean. The person who could advise you about this is the Bladder and Bowel clinic, they have helped me in the past. If you are not already seeing them, your gp can refer you, or I believe you can refer yourself.

It seems such a shame that you have a power chair ready to use so you can get outside, but this problem is holding you back. Give them a ring Kevin and have a chat, I am sure they will be able to help.

Best wishes

Pam x