Forum

How to Support MS patients emotionally

Hi,

I am interested to know more about how to deal with persons who have MS and how to help them accept and live with their disabilities. How can I support them mentally and emotionally?

I don’t really know what you are asking. Nor do I understand your reasoning behind such a post.

I take it that you yourself don’t have MS?

Why do you want to ‘deal with’ people with MS and help them to ‘accept’ and live with their disabilities?

What precisely is your angle here? Are you working with people with MS? I truly hope not for their sake.

People themselves may or may not have disabilities due to MS. And it seems rather presumptuous to be firstly looking at the community of people with MS as if we are all alike, and secondly to be wanting people to ‘accept’ disability.

It is not a realistic goal to make other people accept something which affects them on a personal basis regardless of however well meaning you may be (and I actually can’t see that you are well meaning from looking at your few posts over the last month whilst you’ve been a member here).

As for mental and emotional support, I personally prefer to choose my own support mechanisms rather than have someone who appears to have a simplistic and patronising attitude to people with MS provide me with unwanted support.

Sue

3 Likes

Runmilkshow. For someone who joined this forum just over a month ago, I must say, I find your posts very strange. You don’t indicate whether you are a carer of someone with ms, living with someone who has it, or if you yourself have been diagnosed with it.

Your contributions seem somewhat naive, immature even. Could you add a little background to your various posts and responses?

1 Like

RunMilkShow, are you a foreign medical student doing a project?

“I am interested to know more about how to deal with persons who have MS and how to help them accept and live with their disabilities. How can I support them mentally and emotionally?”

Just your wording, and line of questioning seems a bit culturally inappropriate.

Maybe the op is a student and means well but has inadvertently offended the very people she or he would like to help.

Shame.

Pollsx

2 Likes

well knock me down with a concrete feather why don’t you just say it as is don’t spare anyones feelings will yer

Each MS’r will accept it when they are ready to which for some is NEVER
Like me i hit a wall drop like a brick 1 week recovery and the cycle begins, oh and we ALL have hearts feelings and a soul which is more than your question has

s

1 Like

Just motivate them to live life with joy.

[Edited]

Runmilkshow appears to have run.

Leesa, you and RunMilkShow could support each other to learn to live life with joy and thence accept the reality of whatever problems you face in life.

Meanwhile, I suspect that the rest of us would rather do without such positive life affirming messages from people who I assume do not have MS.

Sue

3 Likes