How quickly does PPMS progress?

mugs68 I cannot imagine how awful that must of been for you both but you were with him for it all. I’m so sorry.

About to be dx myself but no idea what I have rrms or ppms. I fear ppms because I’ve had no real relapse but multiple ticks and symptoms for 6 weeks.

People tell me it isn’t a death sentence but I read so many of these where people end up in this state. It is all rubbish about 5-7 year life span shorter with rrms. Getting all the DMTS and care that seemed to ensure they get looked after. Whilst PPMS has nothing good going for it. I don’t know if I can handle the prognosis of it all.

This is strange that I received this email because I haven’ made any comments, since my deceased husband died of the complications of PPMS. He did extend his life for about six months, he started chanting again at the end of his life. The Lotus Sutra, is the doctrine and it explains about why we get ill and suffer. We all can extend our lives and live to old age. Do some research Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism.

Hello, I have just read your post although it seams it was sent in 2019.
I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Relapsing MS. A rarer type in 2021. I am 55 and probably had it 11 years ago at least.
I am grateful for all the things I can still do and try not to think on what I can’t do anymore.
I continue to put my faith in God who helps me 24/7.
I would like to recommend to you the "try praying"website www.trypraying.org . It’s full of beautiful stories that are uplifting and encouraging from people who have gone through hard things.
Take care.

Why would I pray to something that is outside of myself, how can life exist in space, everything is cause and effect. No one created the universe;read The Lotus Sutra, easiest English by Burton Watson.