Forum

How is MS diagnosed?

Hello, i’m new to this site. I wondered if anyone can tell me how MS is diagnosed? Following 2 spinal operations for degenerative disc disease I havelost feeling in my lower left leg and toes and have pins and needles which has been happening for a year now and it was assumed that this was due to nerve damage caused by the surgeries. However the leg became extremely weak over the last 6 months with numbness and pins and needles spreading at first to my upper leg/hip and groin, and now then my fingers and forearm. Now the pins and needles are indiscriminate and can be anywhere on my body at any time. I have a dropped foot and now need to use a stick and have been experiencing subtle symptoms such as blurred vision, brain fog, speech difficulties and problems swallowing. I am having a nerve condution test today, and another MRI on my brain, have had several on my spine so far, then apparantly the neurologist will perform other tests to look more specifically at my central nervous sytem. What other tests are used to diagnose MS? I’m quite confused and scared, can anyone tell me what other tests may be carried out ? Thanks

Hello, i’m new to this site. I wondered if anyone can tell me how MS is diagnosed? Following 2 spinal operations for degenerative disc disease I havelost feeling in my lower left leg and toes and have pins and needles which has been happening for a year now and it was assumed that this was due to nerve damage caused by the surgeries. However the leg became extremely weak over the last 6 months with numbness and pins and needles spreading at first to my upper leg/hip and groin, and now then my fingers and forearm. Now the pins and needles are indiscriminate and can be anywhere on my body at any time. I have a dropped foot and now need to use a stick and have been experiencing subtle symptoms such as blurred vision, brain fog, speech difficulties and problems swallowing. I am having a nerve condution test today, and another MRI on my brain, have had several on my spine so far, then apparantly the neurologist will perform other tests to look more specifically at my central nervous sytem. What other tests are used to diagnose MS? I’m quite confused and scared, can anyone tell me what other tests may be carried out ? Thanks