How do you cope with emotional stress in limboland?

of course I will have a look… private message me?

I have actually just msg you x

Oh crumbs, reading your post takes me right back!

Limbo is beastly. Nothing to do but grit your teeth and combine (i) being frank and open with your clinicians with (ii) saint-like patience as you wait for endless test results, or long months of watchful waiting, or whatever, with (iii) the stresses and strains of working and family life. Not fun. But you will get through it. Limbo lasts for an awfully long time for some people, but not everyone (or even most people,) and there is no telling what the news will be at the end of the road, so there’s no use trying to read the future. Just try to stay calm and take it one day at a time.

In answer to your question about how do you deal with the emotional strain, I have to admit that a took up smoking again (on the basis that i was having a horrible time so I deserved something nice) but I really don’t recommend that.

Alison

x

thanks Alison, its ok i wouldn’t take it up anyways, was never really tempted. Music is my usual coping method but it doesnt always work, sometimes it would be good to just flip out at someone and have no-one judge you…or would be good to just flip out to yourself but then thats not getting it off ur chest to anyone else!

xx

Wise woman. I did give up again in the end, BTW.

A

x

Well done you!

x