How can you be sure your Other Half has dealt with things?

Hi everyone, I found the new site, and can now work it, yay!! My other half has been my rock throughout the grizzly process of diagnosis. I was diagnosed in mid may (this year). Despite this since diagnosis every time I try and talk about MS he changes subject. I’m not sure what it is, maybe he hasn’t come to terms with it yet. I know I’m still struggling with it all. I know that it’s not as if I’ve been told I’ve got a few months to live, but it still feels quite significant. I often find myself saying to people, I’m only 25 and they’re on the edge of a breakthrough. I personally feel that there will be a cure within ten years based on the amount of breakthroughs they’ve made recently. Not sure if this is denial or what?! I was curious as to what experiences of this you have had. I’m not sure if it’s a factor but MS went from a possibility to diagnosis in less than six months. It’s funny to think that this time last year I had no idea it could be MS. As always thank you for reading. Take care, Suz xx