Holidaying in Wales

Hi, I am planning to go to Wales on hols this summer, I have a 2 and a half year old, my mobility is restricted, Have you any experience or ideas or r the hills a no no!

Pembrokeshire beaches and coves are beautiful - so long as you have a car and don’t try climbing mountains! Also Barmouth is wheelchair/toddler friendly and stunning around and about. Coastally you can go anywhere pretty much. Even inland there are gardens, lakes, steam railways and valleys. All stunning. Enjoy! X

Hiya

I’ve spent quite a few holidays at Barmouth, both as a child and in more recent years and can recomend it highly. It has a fantasic beach, it’s flat and there are loads of things to do for both adults and kids. It’s also really handy to get to other places from, with or without a car. There is a train station in the town, and a little ferry that you can take over to fairbourne (I say ferry, it’s more like a motor boat). If you have a car, you can go to LOADS of lovely places like Harlech Castle and copper mines etc.

Once the season gets going they have a land train which goes along the front, so you don’t have to walk from one end to the other it you don’t fancy it.

The weather is usually good there too as the rain tends to go towards the mountains, rather than hang round the coast.

Sue

x

Llandudno .