Forum

High lesion load!

Hello

just had a mri and results that great I have a high lesion load. I have had ms for 15 years now and must admit I have not had a mri done for years possibly 2006! Then had children and forgot about me!

looking to move onto a stronger drug as don’t feel Aubagio is helping me!

very stressed at the moment as applying for new driving license!!

Will these results stop the dvla renewing? My neuro, nurse and gp have really dismissed it.

any help is appreciated as I’m so anxious at the moment! I just need to stop the worrying !

thanks

meg x

Evidence that one’s MS might have changed up a gear is always a nasty jolt - I always think it feels a bit like being dx all over again. I hope that, if you neuro suggests a DMD upgrade, and you agree, that you find something to suit you and get the job done.

As I understand it, the DVLA 's primary concern is the practical matter of whether/how your MS affects your ability to drive safely. I don’t think they interest themselves in scans.

Please try not to panic too much or for too long. It would be nice if your MS had kept quiet, but it hasn’t. But you’ve dealt with MS rearing its ugly head before and you’ll deal with it this time.

Alison

Thank you. I’ve got to snap out of it and stop the worry.

thanks

mwg x

My neuro told me way back a lot of people with a large amount of lesions seem to suffer less with disability., and some who have only a few can suffer more, so it doesnt matter how many you have, its how they affect you. xxx

2 Likes

Thank you it means a lot.

thx

meg x

1 Like

Thank you it means a lot.

thx

meg x