Forum

Hi - eye advice and a general rant and advise

The last few days I noticed my eye sight in my left eye wasn’t so clear and I think it has definitely remained so I can see ok my other eye is fine and not it’s double vision just cloudy. One should I go to optician I saw him when there was something vaguely like this in January. But it kinda went away Anyway something changed 3/4 days ago and my eye is really sore to touch. I have completely overdone things the last few days and just kept going I know a difference when I get up but then who knows as I think I’ve relapsed lots the last year and I’m starting to get peedoff just want to get on with life I know you need to respect ms or it wins and I do think I prob haven’t but not sure about eyesight thing. And I’ve taken it into my head to view a house tomorrow all one level but I would have to sell here. And my ex well we had reached an agreement the weak before he moved out and 2 weeks later I got Ill After second official relapse and dx I said we need to rethink agreement as I was expecting to go back to a good job etc not this rubbish that is ms. And he said tell her that’s what you agreed to just because you get ms claim disability. Just tell her that. I’m living in the family home he’s in a house he built himself that we were supposed to sell he sold our other house and has 4 plots all of which are paid for . I just don’t need this hassle. Then last week his family havent seen willow since she was 4 weeks when I was in hospital mum and dad had the kids they never offered and ex wouldn’t take a day off work ( he’s his own boss with a team) so he could have. He’s like maybe I’ll take willow for the day which means seeing them I don’t mine him seeing her but they made their decision when they offered no help. I could cry I know the stress isn’t helping and normally it’s under control.

Hi can anyone help this thread was supposed to be anon because of what was getting said .

I shall pretend I don’t know who it is

Make an appointment and go see the optician, your eyes need checking out.

Moving to an house on one level is a great idea, everyday life would be much easier for you. Sorry, I’m not having a very good day myself today, so I’m struggling here to help you…my head is all fuzzy. Are you angry with your ex because he’s not helpimg financially?

Noreen xx

No he pays me monthly I can’t complain there at all. just the moving , he wants the house sold too but will not help in the slightest to get it ready. When (my dog) got cancer the same week I got dx he didn’t think I should do anything to help him he didn’t know we had pet insurance. More angry that he thinks he can walk into willows life as though nothing had happened. He’d only seen willow 10 mins A week when i was dx and I asked for help I’d on an eye patch and my dog couldn’t climb stairs cause of op mum and dads had watched them and us all from July till November with no break. And had tickets to a show but no help they lost £400. Ahhh lol

I have a solicitor he doesn’t we want to be grown up but he can’t see how ms changes everything I agree it’s a waste of money both sides

Your no good at this anon business, you’d make a terrible secret agent lol :wink: I don’t know what to suggest about your ex husband, except to say your lucky to be rid of him. He seems like a very selfish man. Noreen xx

Hi “Anon”

Can’t help with the interpersonal stuff - think your solicitor is best for that. But as a general comment, never ask a solicitor what you should do. Tell them what you want to do/have happen, and then ask what the problems are.

As for your eye… take Noreeb’s advice and see an optometrist ASAP. One thing it could be, that you want to get hecked out real fast, is the start of a cataract. This can happen the way you describe, as the blurred bit can move around inside the lens. Given your personal (domestic) problem, it could give you a bit of leverage to find out if you have a specific problem.

If it is an incipient cataract, do not worry too much. They are a bit like MS in that they have their own schedule; but unlike MS, if they get bad it is only a one-day surgery job, This is if it is, and it develops fast. I have had an incipient cataract in one eye for7-8 years, and just sometimes it moves enough to see that it is there - and it’s gone a few hours later.

Of course, it could be down to stress from the other business - but you do need to find out.

Geoff

be very careful - the Ms does not like stress situations, your eye problem could be neuritis - no stress! no important decision making! You need a rest.

Lol Noreen I’m not worried about who guesses it’s me on here just didn’t want to put my name to it just Incase ex family felt like looking. I know ms doesn’t like stress the problem is the situation is not going to go away. I need to change house for the ms so the rest of the situation is also sorted. If anyone knows a ‘mr grey’ who wants to kidnap me and whisk me off to a remote island to relax feel free to point him in my direction lol Only I could leave my husband with a 12 week old baby the week before ms strikes lol. Maybe I good thing as he’s proven me right. His words of wisdom. So did u get that test result. Yeah it’s negative I said. Well what was you worried for nae like there was onything to worry about it’s never going to happen. And his sister ‘it’s not a real illness’ she was my best friend and bridesmaid. I think I’ve had a lucky escape So how do I get to see an optometrist? Sorry I’m a bit green with all this x

Thanks Jen X