Help with marriage split

My marriage has broken down and my husband and I are looking to buy separate properties. I am his full time carer helping him wash and dress in the mornings, providing meals and helping him to bed in the evenings. My question is- how do I go about organising the help he will need when living alone ?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Probably your best bet is to look up SPOA (Single Point of Access) in your area for contact details. They can arrange a needs assessment and help get a care package put in place. Or your husband’s GP practice should also have details of organisations that can help.

H K, so sorry to hear you are going through this.

Social services will do a care assessment for your hubby. Ring them and tell then it’s urgent, as they will have a long waiting list.