Help valentines card

Hi

Hope all you fellows have all got a card to give to your partner.

Well I am not the soppy type of romantic bloke.

I can hear the ladies saying get your act together you should be.

I’m only 58, I’m still a novice.

How do you sign your card ( without being smutty )

Or has anybody got any witty lines to share.

Oh I can hear the ladies again saying use your own words.

Well it’s not that easy for a talentless numpty like me.

So any contributions apreciated.

Ronin

Sorry, but you already said it in your post.

“Use your own words” is exactly what this lady says.

I would think the most important thing would be to be sincere (as sincere as it’s possible to be, on what is, after all pretty much a commercially sponsored tatfest) - which means NOT getting instructions what to write from anybody else - because that wouldn’t be coming from you, then, would it?

I’ve no idea what kind of relationship you’re in, but I would have thought most women prefer simple and heartfelt to witty one-liners. Not that there’s no place for wit in a relationship - on the contrary. But if it’s the one day of the year when you ever make a declaration, I’m sure it’s nicer if it’s real, and not jokey (unless it’s someone you barely know, but fancy your chances - in which case a joke might be OK to break the ice).

Anyway, if it’s a true “Valentine”, why are you signing it? I thought you were not supposed to sign with anything more revealing than: “Guess who?” :wink:

No, humph…I didnt get a valentines card! But I didnt send any either...so thats fair does, eh?

But I do believe it would be nice to use your own words.

Happy Snogging to anyone who still participates. We dont Im afraid. He thinks almost 40 yrs of marriage has put paid to that sort of thing.

as I said…humph!

luv Pollx

I dont send any valentines cards,its too commercial for me, i told my other half not to bother either,so is just another ordinary day for us,i feel its a bit false too.

jaki xx

Well my son decided whilst I was out visiting friend that mum should be treated on this valentines day, so hes bought a meal deal from Sainsburys a bottle of wine and sherry. Then he cleaned the house from top to bottom and has not gone to the library to give me time to rest up.

Now thats what I call love - and why do people always think it should be between two singles or married’s?

Acts like his make me feel everything is worthwhile.

bren

x

Hi Ronin

From my ‘best earthly companion’,who knows my love of Robert Burns.

This was beautifully written out for me and a rose added

I did blub.

O my Luve’s like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve’s like the melodie
That’s sweetly play’d in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry:

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun: