Forum

help regarding pc things

Hi all,

Im looking for the following or something very similar plz but cant find anything in my price range you see. Any help really really appreciated so ty in advance…

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DP Graphics Card 02G-P4-2662-KR

Genuine Dell XM3C3, ADP-330AB B, DA330PM111, 330 Watt Power Adapter PA Charger with 6ft Power Cable/Cord For Alienware M18X Systems, 100-240V, Connector Size 7.4mm5.0mm, Dell Compatible Part Numbers: XM3C3, ADP-330AB B, DA330PM111

ty n god bless,

Anna x

Hi Anna,

Is this for a Christmas present or something?

These look like parts for an expensive laptop. Is the laptop broken? I don’t think I would risk buying parts on-the-cheap, myself. I think you also need to be wary about “very similar”, because you need to be sure the parts are exactly compatible. Although it’s sometimes possible to buy compatible unbranded parts cheaper than the manufacturer’s own brand, I think a novice could easily come unstuck, and end up with a part that doesn’t fit or won’t work.

Excuse me if I’m wrong in assuming you probably are a novice - it didn’t sound as if computer hardware is something you’re usually into, if that makes sense - but I could be quite wrong.

If you have a fixed budget, but these aren’t within it, I’d think about getting something else - if it’s for a present - rather than shopping round for cheaper lookalikes. If something’s really much cheaper than the going market price, there’s a reason. It’s either a fake, or a dud, or it fell off the back of a lorry or something.

Tina