Heartbroken

Thank you Chrissie, messenger set up (otherwise I wouldn’t let him go!) only joking. Mr D’s poem is already printed & in place. xx

Oh Tracey I feel for you and I totally know where you are coming from. It is never easy for a member of the family to disappear for a year. My daughter had to spend a year in Europe as part of her university course and we all found that hard. However that was a few years ago and technology has moved on. Do you both have smart phones so that you can have face to face conversations? You could also set up ‘Whats App’ if you do not have it already and messages and photos are free. We have set up a family group where husband daughters and myself can all chat to each other as a group. I consider myself lucky as one daughter has exotic holidays and we use ‘Whats App’ to keep in touch with photos and text. I am able to travel from my armchair! Thinking of you, Sue xx

Hi Tracey,

Your post really got to me. On Sunday, just after the emotional Call the Midwife, when I was in tears.

My DO sent me a text saying she and her boyfriend were applying for a two year working visa for Canada and they planned to travel round North and South America. Years ago they talked about travelling but nothing recently. I was so shocked I text back. 'Great ’ but took 2 days to hold it together to phone,

I’m very happy for them but it will rip my heart out saying goodbye, I’m with you there.

Internet will help but nothing can replace a hug.

Just try and console yourself that you’ve obviously done an excellent job and brought up a very confident, independent son.

Try and be happy for him and hope the time flies by.

Ken

Tracey, I haven’t been around for a long time. Nice to say hello. I am Anne. I agree with all above. That is a wonderful poem of Anthony’s Mum. I am sure your son will hold you close in his travels. I always say. Children are only on loan to us. They always remain close but we need to let them go. A very wise man once said "Family is like an octopus. It lets you go with 6 tentacles and holds you close with 2. Enjoy the news your son sends you. Anne x