Forum

Gym buddie wanted (Bradford, West Yorkshire)

I really want to join a gym but I don’t want to go on my own. Would anyone like to be gym buddies? I don’t drive but I’m willing to pay towards petrol

Anyony? x

Hope you find someone. I would, but I don’t do gyms, and live the other side of the country… good luck in your search

1 Like

Hi fi2006

I go to our local council gym - I had to go on my own so it was a bit scary but I had an induction and then a programme was designed with me - the instructor then followed me round for my next few visits - they will support you every time you go but you have to book a specific time with them. I now go and do my programme on my own and because I go at the same time each week I have lots of people I chat to as I go round and have coffee with a couple sometimes. Most people go on their own - some are there just for the exercise but many also see it as a social thing too - sometimes I do more talking than exercising!

It has given me more self confidence and I get a buzz after I have been - hope you can find a way to get to the gym - worth giving it a go and see how you get on. Would meet you but I don’t live nearby . Best wishes

Helen

2 Likes