Grrrr

I’m not into ranting, but why can’t Apple in their infinite wisdom, not realise that not their customers are experts or teenagers brought up in the computer generation. A manual would be handy, would it not? We are all just miraculously supposed to know what sinc, ram, rom, update, byte, bit means with no help whatsoever, and the virtual assistant speaks American with no care for grammar, apostrophes or capitals.

I have just purchased a new Imac, and everything has been ‘improved’ or changed with often not much relation whatsoever to what went before.

A sledge hammer would be handy.

not all, I should say

Hmmm, sounds like problems I have had with my Apple stuff… Luckily my brother owns an IT company, so I have access to help more than most. It’s good to moan sometimes!

I’m personally not a big fan of Apple products in general, but I don’t think they’re anything like unique these days when it comes to computer manufacturers not offering comprehensive doucumentation or support to users?!!

It’s probably far too expensive to provide back-up (documentation, discs etc.) by default when only a percentage might be used at all. A lot less expensive to only offer this kind of thing when absolutely necessary, perhaps?

It’s sad but true that my expectations of (any) computer manufacturers have lowered dramatically over the last few years to the point where I’m very seldom disappointed by their ‘assumptions’ any more.

Mark, What is a ‘sledge-hammer’ - l know its that big heavy thing that my OH is always leaving leant against the wall for me to walk into - but why is it called ‘sledge’. And why l am on the subject - ‘Bolster Chisel’ - whats this for. l do have a photo of my daughter aged 16months - playing with one. She managed to smash up her ‘Strawberry Shortcake Dolly’s Pushchair’ with it.

The photo was on our fridge for years. lt was always a standing joke that her favourite toy was a bolster chisel. l think it should be part of your lmac kit - lf in doubt give it a bash.

F

The sledgehammer-otherwise known as the Birmingham Screwdriver or the Yorkshireman’s Precision Tool.

[quote=“Steve Snore”]

The sledgehammer-otherwise known as the Birmingham Screwdriver or the Yorkshireman’s Precision Tool.

[/quote] OH is from Sheffield.