Glymphatic System

Just discovered - the brain has a lymphatic system - named as glymphatic system. These act like waste disposal chute for the brain.

One of the substances cleared by this system is the protein beta-amyloid. A build up of this compound causes PLAQUES which cause signalling problems between nerve cells …!

That’s very interesting. I didn’t suffer from whiplash or neck injury, but in the 19yrs I’ve been diagnosed my neck has given me much discomfort. I can’t wear necklaces it scarves as they seem to cause me discomfort and set of my MS symptoms. My posture at work (sitting at a desk) also causes me problems.

1 Like

[quote=“LizT”] That’s very interesting. I didn’t suffer from whiplash or neck injury, but in the 19yrs I’ve been diagnosed my neck has given me much discomfort. I can’t wear necklaces it scarves as they seem to cause me discomfort and set of my MS symptoms. My posture at work (sitting at a desk) also causes me problems. [/quote] Anything that is linked to the formation of plaques in the brain merits investigating - hopefully!

very interesting…cheers!

Boudsx