Glidecycle

I read ‘spinal column’ in the Times magazine every week, she’s a lady who broke her back falling off a horse and obviously has huge issues with movement. She mentioned an American cycle device for those with medical conditions and I just wanted to share it with you…

Google: Glidecycle

It’s expensive but looks fab. Has anyone been lucky enough to use one? Does anyone know about it?

Just something I thought would be worth sharing.

BFx

Hi, saw your post hasn`t had any replies yet, so thought I might be able to bump you up and add my thoughts.

I haven`t seen or heard of this glidecycle.

But a few years ago, when I had a little mobility, I bought a recumbent exercise cycle. It was a Roger Black brand from Argos, at £150.

I thought I would be able to use it and give my weakening leg muscles a work out. I tried my best, but had difficulty getting on/off, keeping my feet in the stirrups and cycling a full cycle.

I ended up selling it for £100 shortly after.

Do you think you`ll be buying the glidecycle then?

luv Pollx

Hi Poll,

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to share the knowledge of ‘glidecycle’ as someone might benefit from it…you never know!

I wont be able to afford the glidecycle with redundancy looming and small mouths to feed but I thought it sounded like something OH or physios should know about and maybe others who are financially better off!

If I win big on the lotto I’ll buy a few for the society, so keep your fingers crossed!!!

Thanks for listening and taking the time to respond!

Take care

BFx