frequency?

Sick of visiting the smallest room in the house, Im getting dizzy. Had urine tested - awaiting results, doc sent it off? How do you all cope with it and any suggestions besides a cork? bren xxx :oops:

Hi Bren If I think I may have an infection I drink loads of water, that way I’m fighting back :!: and I do believe I have halted at least one infection that way. Fortunately I don’t go out that much and when I do I’m usually near a loo. I have recently been shown how to self catheterise, apparently if you manage to do it it’s really useful. I am waiting for another appointment with the bladder nurse, she had a car accident on the way to see me a few weeks back, although she’s ok I haven’t heard from her yet. I must say I was struggling a bit with it all but hopefully I will get some more advice soon. My friends say it’s the best thing they’ve been given since dx. Juries still out for me but maybe you could ask to see a continence nurse. Good luck Wendy x

Hi Bren! As said if it is likely you have an infection then drink loads of water. My problem is he opposite and I have to self catheterise. However it does come and go but over the last few weeks it seems to have decided to stay. :x I am a little surprised your doctor did not dip your wee as that is usually enough for them to decide. However I do have a sample out at the moment as well! Hope it sorts it’s self out soon Strudders

yawn wrote:

Sick of visiting the smallest room in the house, Im getting dizzy. Had urine tested - awaiting results, doc sent it off? How do you all cope with it and any suggestions besides a cork? bren xxx :oops:

Lots of water, and cranberry tablets,they are better than cranberry juice. jaki xx

To lower acidity of urine 1tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda in 1/2pint water, disolve and drink (much cheaper than the chemist stuff!) :slight_smile: Treat yourself to a carton of cranberry

Hi. Have you had bladder scans to check if you’re retaining urine? That was my problem so I self cath (as others have mentioned), it’s simple and effective once you get used to it and they do catheters that can be used in normal toliets so you don’t need to find disabled loos. I’ve also had botox now for frequency and that is the best thing ever, who knows how long it will last but if you can get it, go for it. So mines frequency and urgency, which is nice but both have been resolved for now with the botox and self cath. Demand some support from your GP or see a continence adviser, my loo is no longer my best friend (for now anyway!). Good luck. BF

Thanks to you all. Ive heard Cranberry before, but not the pills. My gran always used to pour boiling water over pearl barley for trouble with the bladder. Think gp is testing my urine to find out if it is indeed an infection or alternatively in my case functioning of kidneys etc. Im now drinking lots of water and shall add Cranberry, indeed ask to see continence advisor if it doesnt improve over the next few weeks. thank you all again, bren xx ps: isnt it a pain when not able to reply to all simply!