Forums Locked

Are the Forums read only? They all appear locked to me. Is this normal or right? Thank you, Peter Brookes

Hi, There was a post, that I now cant find, from one of the mods, that they were locking all the other fora until they had addressed some issues with the new forum software. Should all be back next week somtime. They left EL so as people could still discuss what they needed to. Gary.

Yes all the other forums are read only. ‘The New Media team’ hopes to have all the glitches sorted next week V

Here’s the official post http://www.mssociety.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1140&p=3049#p3049

Thank you for the speedy responses. I guess its just my luck as whenever previously I wanted to ask a question, over this summer, I couldn’t post or register. It is progress as I have registered tonight even if I can’t post a question in the relevant forum. With best wishes for the coming week, Peter Brookes

Hi Peter We closed the other forums pending some work first thing tomorrow as we were having some problems with spam posts. We’ll also be working over the next week to address many of the other concerns people have raised over the last few days. Like Gary says, EL was kept open - under even closer than normal moderation - so we could continue to offer a service until we can work with our developers first thing on Monday. Apologies once again for the problems, we are monitoring everyone’s comments and we’ll continue to work flat out until we get everything sorted. Greg [admin]

gregchivs wrote:

Hi Peter We closed the other forums pending some work first thing tomorrow as we were having some problems with spam posts. We’ll also be working over the next week to address many of the other concerns people have raised over the last few days. Like Gary says, EL was kept open - under even closer than normal moderation - so we could continue to offer a service until we can work with our developers first thing on Monday. Apologies once again for the problems, we are monitoring everyone’s comments and we’ll continue to work flat out until we get everything sorted. Greg [admin]

George Orwell eat your heart out. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope you are aware Greg that the option to post “Anon” is gone :o :o :o V

Okapi01 wrote:

Dear Peter, In answer to your question, no, it’s neither ‘normal’ nor ‘right’. The people responsible for improving this site have decided that allowing us to communicate with each other is no longer a priority. I am sorry that you, like countless others, have run up against a brick wall. If you have a question or problem, I hope that you will feel free to raise it on this forum; there are still a few caring and knowledgeable people who would be happy to assist you. Best wishes, O

Dear O Making sure people using this service can communicate with each other is our top priority. That’s why we worked over the weekend to fix the problems we were having last week. The forum isn’t 100% yet but we thought it would be better to offer something rather than nothing over the weekend. Best wishes Bob Head of New Media