Forum

First week of my diet

I was diagnosed in January 2012 and 2 courses of IV steroids along with debilitating symptoms making it hard for me to exercise have helped the pounds to pile on. I wouldn’t mind but I had more than enough to start with! So 2 weeks ago I saw a photo of myself and realised that enough was enough and it was time to do something about it! I worked out that by the time I had paid for taxis slimming clubs were out of my price range (I can’t yet walk far enough to get to the bus stop so that’s not really an option) with no choices left I did a lot of research on the Internet and decided I would give it a go by myself. So here I am, my diet started last Monday (when I weighed myself for the first time in a long time) and having just weighed myself I am pleased to announce that I have lost 4lbs :smiley: I am of course going to celebrate by letting my girlfriend take me out for a 3 course Italian meal :wink: but the diet will definitely be back on track tomorrow and hopefully it will keep working. Just wanted to share Thanks Zoe

Hi Karen Thank you. My diet is typically a bowl of special k for breakfast, pitta bread with lean meat and salad or hummus for lunch, a jacket potato, pasta or lean meat with veg in the evening. I have a well stocked fruit bowl so any snacking is healthy stuff and every meal tends to come with salad to fill me up. It’s kind of based on the slimming world diet which has a list of food you can eat limitlessly (mainly fruit and veg) and guidelines for having small portions of everything else Zoe

Well done, I have seriously started mine today, we will have to have a diet thread on here to encourage each other. Karen x

Hi Zoe,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss.

I was diagnosed with RRMS 8 years ago. I have had a couple of courses of IV steroids. After each course of steroids my weight shot up.

I threw away all the diet books a few years ago and decided to go solo. I suppose I have picked bits from different diets - kind of mix n match, it seems to have worked so far.

Enjoy your meal out!!

well done you, i have lost 21lbs , and want to loose another 21lbs, but i have come to a standstill, i need the mental strength to carry on,but finding it a bit hard at the moment due to a relapse,but at least i am not putting back on what i have lost, so hopefully soon i will get back on track, hope so.

jaki xx