Finally admitted it, i am depressed

Not been around much of late, I have been feeling sad and blue. I got the doctor out yesterday. I am depressed

http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/fed-up-but-why.html

I haven’t been on my blog much either.

Don

The first step to recovery Dom. It makes a world of difference to accept you’re feeling low/down/depressed whatever the term you use. The Baclofen pump might make a significant change in your pain and lead to lifting you spirits as well. There’s nothing wrong will being afraid of the procedure even for a tough character like you. People like you are my inspiration to keep going, the heroes I look to for support. Even supermen need to lean on something occasionally.

Jan x

Sorry Don not Dom

Very sorry to hear that Don… but the first stage of recovery is admitting it.

Whatever you do don’t beat yourself up for this. Depression is very common with MS… remember partly it’s to do with lesions mucking about with your emotions… and of course the relentless problems that MS causes.

Hang on in there. Treatments for depression have come leaps and bounds in the last few years.

Thinking of you Don and sending you love.

Pat xx

1 Like

PS Brilliant blog Don. Made me reach for my own man-sized tissues. To write about such deep human emotions is the hardest thing in the world. I am full of admiration.

Pat xx

1 Like

Hi Don,

Sorry to hear your depressed but I am not surprised, I could sense it in your posts.

But you have admitted it now and that’s a good start.

Don, you helped me such a lot when I first came on this forum for support with your cheery posts.

You helped me out of a really dark place.

I am sure it won’t be long before you are smiling again, remember it confuses people.

Big ((((( hugs)))))

Mags xx

Hi Don

Admitting it is the first stage of recovery, so well done for that.

Sending you (((((hugs))))) and thinking of you Don.

Pam x

Thanks folks I am sure I will bounce back

Hugs Back to you all.

XXX Don

1 Like

Hi Don,I’m returning the big man-hug you sent me the other week. So sorry to hear you’re down, but as everyone says, admitting it is the first step to getting out of again.

We have so much to put up with, and you’ve been putting up with ms rubbish for long time now, you are definitely allowed a wobble now and then.

But you do so many things right anyway, with the help of your family, who sound wonderful. Get out in the fresh air when you can and enjoy the sea, and the shipping, of course. Eat properly. Keep your mind busy. Remember what a wonderful part of the world East Kent is!

Thinking of you, buddy.

1 Like

You are an inspiration to me Don, lots of hugs and magic healing dust,

have you been given “happy pills”!

1 Like

Don, I am so sorry to hear you’ve been having such an awful struggle. I do hope the higher dose antidepressant will help.

Your blog was wonderfully honest, I really feel for you…like Pat I needed the tissues!

Hopefully now you’ve recognised the cause it will help you come to terms with the depression.

I had no idea it was such a complex procedure, I’d imagined some type of cannula.

Thinking of you Don and sending a big big hug,

Nina x

1 Like

HI Don

sorry to hear you are feeling so low.heres a big fat squidgy (((((((((hug))))))))))

this bad time will pass,i know it feels like it never will,but it WILL do.

j x

Hi Don. Sorry to hear you’re struggling, but as the others have said, don’t beat yourself up. You have a lot on your plate and with ms there’s always an uphill struggle. You’ve been a big help to me on this forum and like everyone here I’m thinking about you and here if you ever need an ear.

Take care and look after yourself.

Cath x

1 Like

Hello Don,

As the others have said, admitting it is a start. That’s one of a few difficult steps and I wish you well with the others. Just remember how valued you are, especially by those who post on this forum.

Best wishes, Steve.

1 Like

Today has been a good day… Good antidepressants and good company YEP A GOOD DAY

3 Likes

Brilliant Don, one day at a time, onwards and upwards buddy.

Pam x

1 Like

Good to hear Don,

Long may it last!

Nina x

YAY!!!

Pat xx

J x

I’m happy to hear yesterday was a good day for you Don. I did read and comment on your blog, when you popped it on everyday living. I hope this happy phase continues…one day at a time…Yes Don?