Final event

Loving the tunes. Veggie from now on after throwing out all my Fray Bentos pies !

In my time of dying - Led Zepp

Great gig in the sky - Pink Flloyd

or a direct cremation sounds good, no fuss, no funeral, no expense.

mick

there is cost! its went up £500 so i guess its getting popular!

ellie

mahogany coffins with brass knobs and silk lining are such a waste of money and good trees.

just wrap me in newspaper and drop me at the tip!

bonzo dog doodah band must have a tune for that!

meanwhile there is gin to be drunk.

or is it me that is to be drunk.

i is drunk perhaps

sorry for waffling i blame it on the fog.

carole x

correction - i drink therefore i am.

Ride on AC/DC, voddie with Bon Scott at the bar, probably be stoking the fire, but what the hell!

Not something a lot of people talk about, but it seems there are a lot of us on here have thought about final arrangements. A burning, shame it can’t be like in India where they send you out into the Ganges and let you burn and sink naturally, can you imagine what the Thames would be like! There seem to be a lot of rock fans, which is good fun. Bad moon rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival and Ode to Billy Joe by Bobby Gentry (which I would find highly amusing with my warped sense of humour. Then everyone to the pub and have a major session remembering me when I was there! Linda

Having a partner who is a kidney patient made me sign up to the donor register. Dealing with my mom’s death earlier this year made me think - Crikey, i not leaving all the hassle to MY kids!

One - take out a funeral plan - then its all paid for up front.

2 - make a will (its a bugger if you don’t)

3 - have a good think ( I recommend The Natural Death Handbook): write a letter to your loved ones, expressing your wishes; like do you want a green burial? cremation or burial? do you know if the family have a plot already? I found out my mom’s mom had purchased a plot in 1924 and thats where her parents were buried. She never mentioned it during her life time!!

4 flowers or donations to the MS Society?

5 are you going to nominate a power of attorney in advance, in case you DO decline in health?

And you can do all of the above years in advance - its not morbid, believe me you are saving the kids a shitload of work!!

My friend has already written her plan including a clause which states in big letters, the personal box under my bed is never to be opened by anyone and is either to be burnt or taken immediately down to the tip!!