Forum

Fighting Symptoms (are there any options?)....

Hi Everyone,

I’m desperately hoping to get back to work and regain some kind of ‘normality’ in the not too distant future. Unfortunately, whatever it is that I am suffering with just will not go away and is hindering my recovery.

My GP and consultants have done a fantastic job in treating my most severe symptoms, but a few remain which are a cause for concern given my occupation.

Besides the on-going fight with pain and mobility (I am on medication to deal with this), I have continuing issues with;

Intention tremor?? - my hands often shake when I try and do tasks that are fiddly requiring precise manual dexterity (I am an engineer who deals with small precision parts)

Postural tremor?? - my limbs sometimes shake in certain positions (shaking stops if I move the affected limb to another position)

Heat sensitivity / intolerance - I can suddenly become extremely ill for no apparent reason when I get hot (I experience fatigue, weakness, nausea - often with vomiting, headache, profuse sweating, vision disturbance)

Any advice as to treatments or methods of managing these symptoms will be much appreciated. I have tried Diazepam with good effect for tremor but taken off of it due to the addictive nature - are there any alternatives?

Thanks for your help

I’ve heard that beta blockers can sometimes help tremor.

It’s a really hard symptom to treat though

Re heat intolerance, I think it’s a matter of prevention rather than cure: air con, fans, summer clothes, etc. Google “miracool” for clothing to keep you cool. There are alternatives too, but I can’t remember what they’re called, sorry.

Karen x

I’ve heard that beta blockers can sometimes help tremor.

It’s a really hard symptom to treat though

Re heat intolerance, I think it’s a matter of prevention rather than cure: air con, fans, summer clothes, etc. Google “miracool” for clothing to keep you cool. There are alternatives too, but I can’t remember what they’re called, sorry.

Karen x