Fellow MSers, 'we' need your help!

pheww… 516! (and still half an hour to go…). We will find out soon if we have been successful.

Do not worry, I will not make a habit of bothering you for this kind of actions, it just ‘came my way’, but I strongly believe that I did it for the right reasons. Thank you! (now where is that smiley…)

…this time it only is partially my fault … ‘They’ have slightly changed their voting terms which means that votes can still be sent in till noon today!! 523 votes so far, and we do not want to be beaten by groups within companies which suddenly create plenty of votes on an early Monday morning do we? So it is still possible to send in votes in the next 3 hours…

Believe me, I normally would have hidden already because of the sometimes (?) mixed messages I have sent out but eh, it might all be worth it!

(and yes, it’s official now, I will leave you alone after 12.00…)

…be honest, I said only after 12 Just had a phone call from MusicSpace, we are only 3 (yes 3!) votes behind!!!

A Scouts group are leading at the moment, they can make their own choices (and good for them!) but many of the children at MusicSpace do not have that choice and are dependent on us! So please vote if you have not done this so far! Thank you!!!

I didn’t vote for your charity - I live in Bristol/S Glous and ‘do’ some voluntary work for the Bristol and District banch of Cats Protection so I’d already voted for them. I’m the web editor for our website so I get to drool over the pictures of the cats before I put them up on the website! There are two female kittens that have been calling me to adopt them…

Our elderly, sick and deaf lady cat says ‘NO!’

‘We’ don’t seem to have got a huge number of votes so I hope ‘your’ charity has fared much better. Maybe I should look them up on the internet and see what they can do to help me live with my MS! I’m finding it really tough and could do with some music to help me!

…Wow (is this spelled correctly…who cares!) 566 votes at present!!! 15 minutes to go (honestly, I have checked it this time…), go for it!

…567…

…and…???

On tenterhooks here…

Clarexxx

…do not know yet officially but…‘we’ had an amazing run this morning and it seems that ‘we’ (MusicSpace Bristol) have won!

But again, nothing official yet. It seems that it is being checked if the votes that have come in, are all ‘clean’ votes (?)

Of course I will let you all know as soon as we know the definite result! (after all the ‘bothering’ during the weekend!)

I wanted to give you all a break from me, but I had to reply… Thank you for asking Clare! I sincerely hope that others are as excited and succesful as we are (although still awaiting confirmation…).

…Hi all, FYI, still no confirmation…

Hi Joss,

Congratuations for your undying support to help such a fantastic charity. GOOD LUCK!!

Moira

Thank you Moira, thank you Mel! I did not not expect any reactions just yet, but I felt the need to let people know after my intense, confusing but honest requests/ messages a few weeks ago.

Interesting to hear that you are a support worker Mel, as I have done this for the last 4 years. However, I have been ‘put aside’ now as a care worker by a renowed institution for disabled students (you guessed right, because of my shortcomings due to my SP). Before that I was a support worker in a bungalow with 5 disabled young men.

I loved the work, although I did not like the way I was treated by my employers. They managed to get rid of me in the end, this in spite of asking Unison for help. I have to say that I very much felt that Unison seemed to think that I was a case ‘too complicated to handle’… (anyone else has had the same issues with their union?).

I am now fighting with all these forms (again) to get myself back on track for Employment and Support Allowance… which I do not really want but how on earth am I going to get back into (P/T)work with my condition (SPMS), next to having the care of a disabled daughter, under the present economical circumstances?!!

I do think sometimes what are some people moaning about, about wages and pension rights etc… if they just knew how lucky they actually are! But then I also have to think of one of the boys in my son’s class at primary school, whose dad has cancer… Yes, I suppose everything in life is relative, and we still have to deal with the problems closest to our hearts first…

You see, I am wandering off again! I will let you know ‘the results’ (why do I have to think of the X-Factor now…) as soon as we find out, thank you for showing interest!

Regards, Jos

Dear all

Remember the message? (or should I say messaGES…). I have just been told that Musicspace have won a grant of £ 6,250.- for their wonderful organisation! Many thanks to all who have voted for them (or intended to do so).