Forum

Feeling like a nuisance...

Hi folks,

Would appreciate any feedback as feeling rubbish at the moment.

After an episode of optic neuritis 15 months ago and an MRI scan a year ago, was told could be a sign that I MIGHT develop MS. To go away and live my life. But that’s fine, I am trying to do that

Went to GP last night to review my bloods recently taken as I have an increase in symptoms:

Fatigue: I have an underactive thyroid and had hoped it had kicked out again. Levels are perfect. Fatigue has just been all consuming some days. Work full time in a hospital and have to really structure my day to maximise energy. As the temperature is increasing outside (and the hospital thinks about turning the heating off/air con on!) it is getting worse. I sleep well, well I feel I do.

Face pain: permanent “fizzing” in nose and top lip, pain in sinus area and under R eye, recently crawling sensations over cheeks and other little shock like pains.

Knees: painful going up and down stairs/slopes, but not generally painful. Strange numb like feeling too, as if I have no knees, and feel like I am walking like Thunderbird puppet. Difficult to describe exactly. Also, legs in general feel heavy and not working as quickly as I think they are. Inflammatory markers/rheumatic markers in blood tests all normal.

More recently, ie last 2 weeks have altered sensation in L arm, pins and needles in hand and odd muscle twitches.

I have a neuro follow up appt in August. GP is of the opinion that she has ruled out lots of things and that things are more neuro based.

Do not want to be a nuisance to anyone and worry it’s all in my head (despite being caught on the stairs when one of my “knees” decided not to join in).

Would appreciate any comments, advice and even a hug. DH under a lot of stress at work and do not want to add to his concerns.

S

Hey S,

I have been having lots of the same symptoms (and others), you are not being a nuisance and although i keep thinking the same thing, it can’t just be in your head. I have been trying to explain the strange knee/leg walking to my husband and your Thunderbird puppet thing is spot on!!

Its all weird and every new strange thing frightens me, but you just have to plod on I guess.

You’re not on your own - here’s a hug from me!!

Carrie xx

Thanks for taking the time to reply. So scared ATM and just need to bounce off someone who might understand.

Thanks too for the hug x x

Thanks for taking the time to reply. So scared ATM and just need to bounce off someone who might understand.

Thanks too for the hug x x