Forum

Fax Machine!!!

I have been having trouble with ESA and although I won my appeal from last year I was reassessed while waiting to go to tribubal, so was a complete waste of time :frowning: Anyway appealing again although late and rang them today to find out what was going on. I told him I had sent a copy of the decision along with letter from MS nurse ect and I was asked if I could FAX it to him again??? Now who has a FAX machine thesedays? or is it just me? If I am claiming benefits surely I am at home, not in a business environment and I thought with todays technology the email took the place of the FAX? obviously not for the DWP… jax

jax111 wrote:

I have been having trouble with ESA and although I won my appeal from last year I was reassessed while waiting to go to tribubal, so was a complete waste of time :frowning: Anyway appealing again although late and rang them today to find out what was going on. I told him I had sent a copy of the decision along with letter from MS nurse ect and I was asked if I could FAX it to him again??? Now who has a FAX machine thesedays? or is it just me? If I am claiming benefits surely I am at home, not in a business environment and I thought with todays technology the email took the place of the FAX? obviously not for the DWP… jax

You can do fax over the internet, believe it or not, if you have a scanner and a normal computer. It might also depend whether your ISP offers it. I’m sure mine does, but have never bothered to configure it, as, like you, I can’t see any real advantage, when you can e-mail attachments anyway.

Maybe the computer does offer it, my house mate who knows a bit about computers does’nt seem to think it does.but why not an email I dont know. Now waiting for another phone call…best not hold my breath :smiley: jax