Farewell

Your jokes are one of the reasons I check in here every day. I remember Hazelwah and her jokes before you started posting them. I’ll have to find my humour elsewhere now :frowning:

Shame if you’re going WB, I usually read your jokes & have a chuckle even though I don’t reply…have to be very economical with my keyboard time…we all need a good chuckle, how sad it would be to never laugh

Rosina x

1 Like

It is no surprise the forums are so quiet ridiculous rule, personally I do not like jokes so I do not read them. Why can’t anyone who has a problem with them do the same? I think it is a shame that someone who contributes as much as wb feels they need to leave.

Ann

1 Like

i’ve subscribed to this post from woblyboy, to see how so many of us feel about this. i haven’t noticed any feedback from any moderators on this post, though. is there any possibility of a solution to this being found, considering the heartfelt feedback?!

Hope you can still be found on the darkside… I know I’ve not posted much of recent but I do stop by and have still read/liked the odd joke

Sonia xx

Oh what a sad state of affairs, when so many members here dont want you to leave Wb.

I guess i missed what happened to cause your jokes to be banned…??? Shame indeed. Afterall poorly folk need to laugh as much, if not more, than t`others, eh?

Perhaps the judgement will be overturned.

polxx

The post from the Moderator - Stewart- closed down the ‘Just for a Giggle’ thread. Saying we were not allowed to post jokes as it had nothing to do with MS. Wb, must feel, he too is banned from sharing his hilarious jokes. The thread had a great following and was very popular. With people looking at it daily for a bit of a giggle. l think one ‘ANON’ complained - and that was the end.Even when so many folk have said how much they look forward to reading them - and many of these people do not normally reply to posts. For those who do not like the ‘funnies’ need not read them - it is as easy as that.

So the minority rule it seems.

Very democratic.

1 Like

if the joke thread was closed as it had nothing to do with Ms, what about the poetry threads and the Jeremy paxman thread? To name but a few. Are they going to be locked now in the interest of fairness?

Ann

Think moderator has a task and a half on his hands now sorting the ms threads from the non ms threads will not be easy

W B’s face mayby did not fit well with the top dogs but he is certainly popular with us come on mods let us have a giggle now and then

It’s enough dealing with this disease without this rubbish let he who cast the stone stand up and be known

I haven’t posted any poetry today Ann

Not that I’m saying it’s been banned just had enough of poetry for now.

i saw the post that seems to have led to the banning, given all the posts left here, from those of us who need a bit of cheering up… i can’t make head nor tails of it all, i just feel really bewildered by how it’s all working out. hell’s teeth, anyone who hasn’t been here to check in for a while is going to come back to misery alone. like so many other MSers, i take antidepressants, nortriptyline, they’re good, and necessary, but laughter’s better.

wendy x

Hi Blossom, I think you should be allowed post poetry, that was not a dig at you I really enjoyed that thread. We are all here for support and if we can have a laugh all the better. The point I was trying to make was if it can only be Ms threads why has wobbly boy been the only thread locked.

i do have a problem with somebody reporting it anon. As far as I am concerned anon should be reserved for embarrassing personal topics.

Ann x

1 Like

Sorry Ann, my heads all over.

My apologies.

You do make a good point about the anon posting. It should not be used for people to hide behind. Some forums don’t allow anon posting.

And please guys, I am not trying to start an argument. I have a terrible headache, just my humble opinion.

X

Personally I loved the jokes from the time I first joined the ‘boreds’ back in 2009. Yes, I joined to ask for help and support but I kept coming back daily because the jokes lifted my spirits and helped to keep things normal for me at a turbulent time.

I also don’t post often because I just prefer to take each day as it comes and only ask for help when something new crops up that I haven’t found the answer to anywhere else but I do always read the jokes and have a little chuckle.

WB - I’ll miss you

Tracey

Hi everyone,

i don’t visit this forum very often only to see what is new in the world of m/s and what do i see the jokes have been banned because they offend some people,who are these people?i wish they would make themselves known,how many people belong to this site ? how many have complained are we to know?.I for one really enjoyed these jokes cheered me up i am sure they helped 95% of us get through the bad times that we get with m/s.When this site changed we lost buddies,penpals i see now we are losing glams, now jokes when is it going to stop?i think we should have a new thread on who wants to bring them back.I think the world is going mad are they going to tell us what we can talk about next, i would like some answers and dont leave Woblyboy stay and fight we are all behind you.Ivan.

Hey WB maybe theres a job for you on TopGear, seems one is about to become vacant. Love your contributions mate. We need a few mavericks on here.

‘they’ are telling us what we can talk about…

I don’t come on here that often now but when I do I like the jokes and funnies and when theres something serious and someone is in need of help there always an answer here.

MS took so much from me but thank god it hasn’t taken my sense humour or the ability to laugh or enjoy a joke.

Doom and gloom is so of putting

Hi Mark,

How’s things with you - Keep in touch. Hope no news is still good news.